Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He gets better with every game he's missed

It's true but he does have good technical quality and can help us to be more of a possession based attacking team. I look forward to him returning, not only for the team but for the lad himself. He's had a Keiron Dyer

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Whenever he played he looked pretty good. Which is better than Raylor and Obertan, don't see much changing of history going on like.

Guest BooBoo

Whenever he played he looked pretty good. Which is better than Raylor and Obertan, don't see much changing of history going on like.

What games? Scunthorpe and Forest in the League Cup? :yao:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What games? Scunthorpe and Forest in the League Cup? :yao:

Well I wasn't at Forest so can't comment, but I don't see how the opposition affects too much. You could see he had ability and whenever he got 10 or 15 minutes to impress he'd keep the ball well and play intelligently (Villa, Wigan).

Guest neesy111

He had a good game against Villa.

He came on in the 80th minute. :lol:

Forgot it's compulsory to have a bad game if players come on as substitutes.

He made 2-3 chances in the 10 minutes he came on including one of the best passes I've seen by a NUFC player for quite a number of years.

Guest neesy111

I'm more concerned about his fitness issues, if he can string half a season together without getting injured then I reckon he'll be a really useful player.

Aye, from what I know they diagnosed all his groin problems to his hip, so they went to Dr Steadman (must be a millionaire from all the players we've sent to him) to try and sort it out once and for all.

He gets better with every game he's missed

Happens a lot on these pages.

I'll confess I never saw the lad play in France so I'm only going off what he's done for us. Which to be honest was very little, a few decent showings maybe in the league cup and a simple lay off for Cabaye v Wigan? Forgive me for my pulse not quickening.

I wouldn't poo poo league cup performances, we've seen how we managed to embarass ourselves against the likes of Brighton and Stevenage. Just going on crossing ability and footballing brain alone he'd be a huge upgrade over Jonas offensively.

If we'd have had him instead of Obertan last night I'm sure we'd have kept hold of it a lot better. Mind you, we could've put any fucker in there and we'd have held onto the ball better.

Looking forward to him coming back and showing what he can do. really. We haven't seen enough of him.

I've forgotten about him as a Newcastle player. If he comes back and is good it's simply a bonus; won't be banking on him returning and 'saving' a particular element of our game in the way Dyer/Owen/Martins potentially could. He wasn't even starting when fit.

I've forgotten about him as a Newcastle player. If he comes back and is good it's simply a bonus; won't be banking on him returning and 'saving' a particular element of our game in the way Dyer/Owen/Martins potentially could. He wasn't even starting when fit.

He wasn't fully 'fit' though was he?

He's a tidy player and I look forward to his return and hopefully an injury free future.

This, doesn't matter who we were playing against it's clear he had a very good first touch and passing ability, and he he could run at people and commit them.