Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He is what he is. Impact sub or a luxury player at home but not a player to rely on as a regular starter. Just not good enough, really.

I agree that he's been inconsistent at best, but this really is a fucking baffling post when you consider that you talk up Gosling all of the time.

He hasn't played in his proper position since Sissoko joined. Shouldn't be played out wide at all because he isn't direct enough, but obviously he shouldn't be played ahead of Sissoko either so his place is on the bench atm.

Ironically he'd fit in at Liverpool under Rodgers.

He is what he is. Impact sub or a luxury player at home but not a player to rely on as a regular starter. Just not good enough, really.

I agree that he's been inconsistent at best, but this really is a fucking baffling post when you consider that you talk up Gosling all of the time.

I've probably mentioned him on this forum 6 or 7 times since we signed him 3 years ago. :lol:

Thought he was dynamite against Man Utd and Arsenal, him and Anita were immense. If he can show that sort of form now, when we've got a full strength squad, he'll be a very valuable asset whether he starts or comes on as a sub.

Seeing him last night made me chuckle, a few on here weeks back bashing Pardew for not bringing him on. On evidence of last night I can see why he never got on. Yes he has made a few brilliant sub appearences but Pardew obviously noticed a dip in form in training. I think he got a game last night just to protect a few for the Stoke game.  Hopefully he will come good again.

Boy is a bottler in the same mould as Obertan, completely terrified of contact,  but he has way more quality and composure on the ball when given the luxury of time and space.  He would be your typical arsenal player, good technical qualities, zero aggression zero tenacity poor work rate.

Still have some hope for the boy , but he really needs to ramp up his energy at least, to even survive in the premiership.

Boy is a bottler in the same mode as Obertan, completely terrified of contact,  but he has way more quality and composure on the ball when given the luxury of time and space.  He would be your typical arsenal player, good technical qualities, zero aggression zero tenacity poor work rate.

Still have some hope for the boy , but he really needs to ramp up his energy at least, to even survive in the premiership.

Mould

Boy is a bottler in the same mode as Obertan, completely terrified of contact,  but he has way more quality and composure on the ball when given the luxury of time and space.  He would be your typical arsenal player, good technical qualities, zero aggression zero tenacity poor work rate.

Mould

Thank you, fixed  :naughty:

Guest TC_16

Shows glimpses of quality, then fades out of games massively. His best game for us was Wigan this season when we were 2-0 up against 10 men. Average player who'll do as a squad player.

Guest TC_16

Still reminds me so much of Mehmet Scholl. Great on his day. Often injured. No real winger, no real Nr. 10. No international. Can always change a game when coming from the bench.

Minus the 15 years at one of the worlds biggest clubs, a Champions League winner medal and 8 league titles?

Still reminds me so much of Mehmet Scholl. Great on his day. Often injured. No real winger, no real Nr. 10. No international. Can always change a game when coming from the bench.

Minus the 15 years at one of the worlds biggest clubs, a Champions League winner medal and 8 league titles?

If Marveaux had played 15 years for Bayern (who kept a lot of those sort of players that time) he would have won that as well.

If Marveaux had played 15 years for Bayern (who kept a lot of those sort of players that time) he would have won that as well.

John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Nicky Butt you say?...

Guest TC_16

And do you know why Marveux doesn't play for a team like Bayern Munich or his national team unlike Scholl? It's because he's nowhere near good enough. What an absolutely bizarre comparison to make between the two players

I still like Marv, he's neat and tidy with excellent technique and movement. Sadly you can only have so many players on the pitch who aren't physical enough for the game... I know it's a bit of a cliche but I think it's true of the PL.

Guest TC_16

The not international was meant for both. I know Scholl played some games for Germany, but he was never ever close to being a regular.

Listen, I understand fans want to defend their own players. But I feel sometimes they/we overstep the mark. You're comparing him to a Bayern Munich and German regular who was won the CL among other titles. The reason Scholl has these titles to his name is because he was good enough to play for one of the world's biggest clubs.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and have a look at the bigger picture. Marveux is 26 - at this stage of a footballers career they start hitting their peak (I imagine some will disagree but thats an argument for another day). Marveux, however, is made of glass and signed on a freebie from an average French side. What are people genuinely expecting from him? If Marveux genuinely had owt about him then 1) Rennes would have tried to keep him, and 2) He'd have been in the PL/Newcastle/Another good club a long time ago

Aye, he shows the odd decent touch, the occasional drop of the shoulder and can sometimes play in a through pass. But he doesn't do it enough. He's often anonymous in games and goes missing. I think he's more of an impact player to bring off the bench. I genuinely think his squad status with us is a fringe player, and rightly so. I think people (in general, not you specifically) need to stop finding excuses for players/Marveux and bite the bullet. He's average.

Comments earlier in this thread that he'd be ideal and suitable for Swansea or Liverpool were laughable.

Guest TC_16

Sorry, I stoped reading your post.

Scholl wasn't a Bayern regular. Neither was he a German regualar. In fact, he was far from it.

You know what, I don't even care.

I don't even know if he was a regular, and you probably don't either. And I seriously doubt you did used to watch Bayern reguarly on ESPN/Setanta/TV/dodgy internet stream which will be your next reply.

Truth is, your comparison of Marveux with Scholl is laughable. Scholl's personal trophy cabinet backs me up on this.