Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Hasn't shown anything so far in his limited appearances.

Happy for him to be a squad player but shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI at the moment.

Marveaux has shown plenty imo. Very good technique, touch, balance and vision. After Hatem, he's probably the best technician in the squad. Still confident that he'll be a success here, but he needs to show more determination and directness in his play.

Marveaux has shown plenty imo. Very good technique, touch, balance and vision. After Hatem, he's probably the best technician in the squad. Still confident that he'll be a success here, but he needs to show more determination and directness in his play.

Agree with most of this, but I'm not sure he'll be a success.  Just don't think he'll get the minutes required and he'll only ever get 70 minutes here and there in cup matches or if someone is out injured.

Not ideal for someone that needs to regain form and confidence after so long out. 

I know it was a bit of a nothing game when he came on, but the 3-1 at Everton last season was promising.  He was the best player on the pitch second half that.  Played inch perfect balls, on the deck and in the air.  Showed good composure, kept play ticking a long, the odd bit of skill and looked pacey.  He gave the ball away once all half, but he was looking to play it forward, not just sideways and back. 

Coincidentally, he also looked quite good against Everton at home before he got crocked.  Not shown anything like those levels so far this season.

Guest bimpy474

Has to play down the left but if Jonas isn't going to be dropped then he'll keep getting played in positions that dont suit him.

• 3 weeks later...

In the development squad to play against Stoke tonight. Seems to have slipped way down the pecking order since starting at Everton.

Not surprising really, he was awful that night.

In the development squad to play against Stoke tonight. Seems to have slipped way down the pecking order since starting at Everton.

Not surprising really, he was awful that night.

I cannot believe his current squad status is a consequence of 45 minutes of football.

No one impressed in that half, in fact there was worse performers than him in the first half.

Anyway with the direct style we are playing at the moment is hardly going to suit a player like him, which you could say about a lot of our players quite frankly.

No, he didn't. But a continued exclusion from the first team squad for one poor half against a brilliant Everton left-side doesn't seem particularly fair. Especially considering the countless opportunities afforded to Obertan.

Difficult to see where he'll ever really slot in. To not even be making the bench tonight is a sure sign he's way out of favour.

Don't understand what happen to him.

Same goes for Amalfitano and Abeid who have go way down to the picking order.

I am sure it will be fine, we have quite a large squad (fringe player wise) so there are lots of players vying for a few places. Bigi has more often than not looked really good, Sammy was really exciting tonight so based on that you can see why they have deserved their place.

Don't understand what happen to him.

Same goes for Amalfitano and Abeid who have go way down to the picking order.

I am sure it will be fine, we have quite a large squad (fringe player wise) so there are lots of players vying for a few places. Bigi has more often than not looked really good, Sammy was really exciting tonight so based on that you can see why they have deserved their place.

I have nothing against the young who has played well tonight. Just wonder about the other.