Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Pardew needs to admit defeat here, Marveaux is a really good player. Even he must see that now.

:lol:

Love the idea that he's furiously trying to find ways to keep excluding him.

Pardew's got a pretty negative approach to games, he won't put players like Marveaux on the pitch until he's convinced the opposition is no threat (or we're desperate). He did the same thing with Ben Arfa for ages, before he was convinced by Ben Arfa's defensive workrate. Tbf that worked out quite well.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew needs to admit defeat here, Marveaux is a really good player. Even he must see that now.

:lol:

Love the idea that he's furiously trying to find ways to keep excluding him.

Pardew's got a pretty negative approach to games, he won't put players like Marveaux on the pitch until he's convinced the opposition is no threat (or we're desperate). He did the same thing with Ben Arfa for ages, before he was convinced by Ben Arfa's defensive workrate. Tbf that worked out quite well.

With that approach you scrape wins, suppose this is why we dont score more than 2 very often :(

Just play him in the next couple of games, tell him the pressure is off and to go out and show what he can do, then if its a good response he's got a great chance of keeping his place.

Stuff like that man, where is it from Pards? I thought he was all about giving people a chance.

Guest bimpy474

Just play him in the next couple of games, tell him the pressure is off and to go out and show what he can do, then if its a good response he's got a great chance of keeping his place.

Stuff like that man, where is it from Pards? I thought he was all about giving people a chance.

And if we get murdered as is expected, he'll be out again as the scapegoat.........:lol:

This is what should happen.

Someone made a point about lacking character in the squad which makes me think Jonas should play but he is offering so little at the monent he is basically a long haired Alan Smith.

In a passionate or calm tone?

If it's Pards it'll be reluctant.

If it's Pards it'll be reluctant.

(Cautious) Good luck out there today.

Guest loven Mag 11

Watching our team try and break the opposition down when you have Tiote or Simpson make the final pass is disgusting TBH, there were times yesterday we just went from santon to colo to willo to simpson and back again for 10 - 15 passes plus, without ever actually moving forwards. Marv comes on and what do you know, he literally carries us to the edge of their box and plays some neat passing and by some crazy coincidence we actually scored shortly after he came on.

When we get Cabaye and Hatem back, a 4-3-3 of Anita, Cabaye and Tiote, with Hatem, Papiss and Marv upto would be like watching a different fucking team play. At the moment it gives me a headache watching this team play with no creativity.

My worry is he'll be given the next game or the one after to prove himself and when we fail against Utd and Arsenal then Pardew can say he gave him a shout but it didn't work.

Definately, and a fucking shame. I reckon playing him in more games lately could have earned us a few more points.

Noticed lately how a couple of the players have been bigging him up as well. Shola and Mehdi Abeid most notably. I think they see what he brings to the team when used properly.