Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Thought he was quality, showed some real skill as well as the intelligence to pick the right ball out at times. Needs to stay fit and play a run of games to show his full potential in my mind. Really happy for him too.

Would love to see him and ben arfa in the same team but i think they will more likely fight for a place of starter unless it is in europe. I don't think pardew will bench jonas.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, and when Marveaux is injured, Ba left, Cisse central. Won't happen of course. I just have to keep saying it for my own sanity.

We have definitely lacked a player like him. Someone who can pick a pass and also go on a run at pace if needs be. So pleased he finally showed what he is capable of.

Shooting needs work but i have a feeling if he gets time and space he could thunderbastard one in :) His Free-kicks were very good too. Would like to see him in the same team as Hatem so defences have two dribblers too worry about.

My team for fulham if Ben Arfa is fit to start:

Krul

(simpson & willo weren't                        Simpson :anguish: Williamson :anguish: Colo  Santon

terrible last night but still scare me)                        Tiote        Anita

Marveaux

Ben Arfa                                    Cisse

Ba           

Front three interchanging and moving around like they did last night. Jonas for me is the one who doesn't keep his spot.

Hard to take too much from the match last night, as we played against ten for so long.  But MY WORD (Wilkins) Marv was impressive!  Retained possession well, was spinning his man for fun, skipped past players, whipped set pieces were good (the usual lofted willy routine was s***), switched play when he needed to and he even won a few headers! 

I can remember one bad ball from him, where he tried a diagonal to the right hand side and it went straight to a Wigan player.  Other than that, he was pretty much faultless I thought.

The formation was far better last night.  Can't wait to see it when HBA is back.  Jonas' place must be under threat now, he's been so bad this season. Not sure it suits Cisse playing so far wide, but he did interchange positions with Ba, actually linked up with him a bit and he showed some nice touches at times.

This front 6 against Fulham?? :

Anita  Tiote

HBA        Marveaux      Cisse

Ba

Not sure Jonas will get dropped and perhaps that is too attacking for an away game.  But I'd like to see us playing this more often.

EDIT: Pretty much what Alexf said  :lol:

We have definitely lacked a player like him. Someone who can pick a pass and also go on a run at pace if needs be. So pleased he finally showed what he is capable of.

Shooting needs work but i have a feeling if he gets time and space he could thunderbastard one in :) His Free-kicks were very good too. Would like to see him in the same team as Hatem so defences have two dribblers too worry about.

My team for fulham if Ben Arfa is fit to start:

Krul

(simpson & willo weren't                        Simpson :anguish: Williamson :anguish: Colo  Santon

terrible last night but still scare me)                        Tiote        Anita

Marveaux

Ben Arfa                                    Cisse

Ba           

Front three interchanging and moving around like they did last night. Jonas for me is the one who doesn't keep his spot.

Same for me although i'd bring Perch in for Williamson.

Criminal if he doesn't get a start ahead of Jonas against Fulham, and im afraid it's fucking likely! Or played in a position where it wont 'hurt' the team defensively from Pardew's POV. Must start in the same setup and in the same position as yesterday.

Criminal if he doesn't get a start ahead of Jonas against Fulham, and im afraid it's fucking likely! Or played in a position where it wont 'hurt' the team defensively from Pardew's POV. Must start in the same setup and in the same position as yesterday.

Away from home and against 11 men, if he were to start, I think its more likely Pardew would sacrifice Cisse to accommodate him.

Criminal if he doesn't get a start ahead of Jonas against Fulham, and im afraid it's f***ing likely! Or played in a position where it wont 'hurt' the team defensively from Pardew's POV. Must start in the same setup and in the same position as yesterday.

Away from home and against 11 men, if he were to start, I think its more likely Pardew would sacrifice Cisse to accommodate him.

Yeah that makes sense:

Tiote - Anita

HBA -  Marv  - Jonas

Ba

Opens up the intriguing possibility of using Perch in defence too....

Have to say, I thought he was fantastic yesterday, but can't help but feel people are (understandably) getting carried away. He needs to stay fit for a while, put a run of form together before he should be in our fully-fit XI, IMO.

Atm, for me it's still:

Cabaye  Tiote

HBA          Ba              X

Cisse

That spot on the left is up for grabs tbh. Obertan has wasted enough opportunities. Jonas won't rediscover his attacking legs at this stage in his carer. Anita is getting better, but not yet up to pace. Marv is back from injury. Ferguson is coming along well. Sammy is a bit too raw.

Then there's the January sales/purchases...

Have to say, I thought he was fantastic yesterday, but can't help but feel people are (understandably) getting carried away. He needs to stay fit for a while, put a run of form together before he should be in our fully-fit XI, IMO.

Atm, for me it's still:

Cabaye  Tiote

HBA          Ba              X

Cisse

That spot on the left is up for grabs tbh. Obertan has wasted enough opportunities. Jonas won't rediscover his attacking legs at this stage in his carer. Anita is getting better, but not yet up to pace. Marv is back from injury. Ferguson is coming along well. Sammy is a bit too raw.

Then there's the January sales/purchases...

:thup: