Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Practically every game he has played since the Wigan has been in the middle.... 3 man midfield or as a #10 the difference is so little there's no point discussing the differences :lol:

:thup:

Practically every game he has played since the Wigan has been in the middle.... 3 man midfield or as a #10 the difference is so little there's no point discussing the differences :lol:

you mean man utd when we didn't really play a middle 3 and the same at arsenal ? he came on as a sub v fulham, man city,qpr didn't he ?

I thought he had a good first half but went missing when the chips were down in the 2nd.

Agree. Not surprisingly though as Everton compacted the game well and didn't allow the space he was afforded in the previous 2 games.

Given the shit stain of a defence we're playing with currently I think he might actually be too much of a luxury to play in a midfield 3, particularly when Tiote isn't doing his job properly and Anita is better with the ball than without. Ugh, I hate myself for writing that.

Drop Tiote and play Marv ahead of Cabaye and Anita when all are fit, on paper there's enough steel and creativity in there to get a foothold in any game.

Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux midfield if we press properly would be class i'm not convinced Pardew has the nous or the balls to do it quite frankly.

Wet bog roll.

I still think he could be an effective winger.

Look at Pienaar last night. Caused a lot of trouble for us. He isnt your typical winger, but neat, plays people in around him, caused havoc with a good fullback supporting him.

Drop Tiote and play Marv ahead of Cabaye and Anita when all are fit, on paper there's enough steel and creativity in there to get a foothold in any game.

Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux midfield if we press properly would be class i'm not convinced Pardew has the nous or the balls to do it quite frankly.

Wet bog roll.

Like how the best team in the league has Cleverly-Carrick-Rooney in the same fashion? physicality is overrated and quite frankly all it does atm is restrict us.

Funny how very little top teams has players like Cheik yet we need him otherwise we will be overrun  :rolleyes:

Not saying he's not doing well, but playing Marv central in 3-man-midfield is close to playing a 2-man-midfield imo. I can't see why the work-rate for some of our players are so friggin low, they lose the ball and it's so-so to even get back on the right side, let alone actually trying to get it back.

Not saying he's not doing well, but playing Marv central in 3-man-midfield is close to playing a 2-man-midfield imo. I can't see why the work-rate for some of our players are so friggin low, they lose the ball and it's so-so to even get back on the right side, let alone actually trying to get it back.

I thought that was the point of playing two defensive midfielders, so Marveaux could provide the creative stuff?

Marveaux works hard at pressuring centre backs but doesn't track back well, he just needs to be a body more than anything, he doesn't need to do anything special in that regard. We can still be solid defensively with him at the top of a midfield 3 with better organisation.

Marveaux works hard at pressuring centre backs but doesn't track back well, he just needs to be a body more than anything, he doesn't need to do anything special in that regard. We can still be solid defensively with him at the top of a midfield 3 with better organisation.

Yeah he presses his area well but in terms of going backwards he's not all that but honestly he shouldn't have to.

If we pressed as a team properly this wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah he presses his area well but in terms of going backwards he's not all that but honestly he shouldn't have to.

If we pressed as a team properly this wouldn't be a problem.

I agree, he can still be a part of us defensively, but we're not organised enough as a team when trying to get the ball back.

Wet bog roll.

Like how the best team in the league has Cleverly-Carrick-Rooney in the same fashion? physicality is overrated and quite frankly all it does atm is restrict us.

Funny how very little top teams has players like Cheik yet we need him otherwise we will be overrun  :rolleyes:

Probably because they have a lot better players than we do and can therefore keep the ball and outscore more teams that not, unlike us.

Imagine if he was given a chance to thread some of those quality passes to Cisse, rather than the sloth that is Shola.

I remember one lovely through ball to Shola that ended up looking awful due to Sholas incredibly late reaction time and complete lack of pace.

Wasn't he originally a pacey winger? I think he has done a fantastic job reinventing himself as a creative central midfield player. Not sure if the pace is still there to be effective as a wide player, but I would like to see us try it when Ben Arfa and Cabaye are back in the side. Anyway, one of the few highlights of the past month or so, alongside Anita.

Wet bog roll.

They offer owt protection and are one of the reasons they have been conceding so many goals.

Fortunately for them, they have the 2 best strikers in the league performing well and another natural goal scorer. They'll get found out by better sides in the CL.

1. We are not a top team.

2. Garcia & Mikel. Even lower Sandro, Parker, Phil fucking Neville.

Madrid use Alonso as a passer and a battler, Khedira is there for physicality. They used Lass last season too. Javi Martinez provides defensive cover as well as passing. Infact you can't bully any of Dias, Schweinsteiger or Martinez.