Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He certainly will have more of an impact when there's more movement going on around him, he needs space to operate as he seemingly doesn't go looking for the ball much. He will never be the type to really grab a game when the going gets tough though. Today you could really see we needed Ben Arfa type, who has so much confidence he will have a go at a team no matter the situation.

Fair enough. Sometimes it's easy to forget that currently we've got no attacking plan or shape to us whatsoever. :pilko: (Therefore it would be unfair to judge.)

Why does it have to be a plan though? Surely they should be good enough to use their initiative in our attacking play.

Because if we have no plan, we get the shambles of attacking play we got today. We don't attack as a team, no-one creates any movement for anyone else.

He certainly will have more of an impact when there's more movement going on around him, he needs space to operate as he seemingly doesn't go looking for the ball much. He will never be the type to really grab a game when the going gets tough though. Today you could really see we needed Ben Arfa type, who has so much confidence he will have a go at a team no matter the situation.

Fair enough. Sometimes it's easy to forget that currently we've got no attacking plan or shape to us whatsoever. :pilko: (Therefore it would be unfair to judge.)

It's not completely unfair to judge as we've seen his character. I agree with you that he's not a match winner in our current set up, he just doesn't have the level of aggression in a side that's so static and low on confidence. He is however, a very talented attacking midfielder (he's a definite starter when everone's fit IMO) who will thrive with some form of attacking plan, and some better players around him too.

Bloke behind me criticises absolutely everything he does and I mean everything - even when he does something really good, the bloke says he hasn't done it in the right way.  His comments have caused some friction with others around him at times.

Bloke behind me criticises absolutely everything he does and I mean everything - even when he does something really good, the bloke says he hasn't done it in the right way.  His comments have caused some friction with others around him at times.

Do you sit in front of Pardew?

Do you sit in front of Pardew?

:lol:

There was this mint control he did near the centre circle, killed the long ball and turned away from the player

He played well and it is a disgrace that he was taken off BUT he sums Pardew up

Get Ben Arfa to the right of him and someone competent down the left (new signing) and we will look a different side going forward. OR we could just stick with the shite Jonas and Shola

Should never have been taken off today. Changed the game.

would you have kept an injured player on the pitch? 

Marveaux is injured too?

sure i read some interview earlier where pardew said he subbed both Marveaux and Cabaye due to both picking up injuries.

Marveaux is injured too?

sure i read some interview earlier where pardew said he subbed both Marveaux and Cabaye due to both picking up injuries.

He's already admitted on Radio Newcastle that the Marveaux sub was a cock-up.

Marveaux is injured too?

Said on nufcTV he took off Marveaux to bring on Perch to give Cabaye more licence to get forwarded as he thought Cabaye was fit enough to last the full game.

Marveaux is injured too?

Said on nufcTV he took off Marveaux to bring on Perch to give Cabaye more licence to get forwarded as he thought Cabaye was fit enough to last the full game.

...even though he says Cabaye told him at half time he was struggling. :lol:

Can't even get his story right.