Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Three more players then.

If we don't get Barnetta, I reckon it's N'Zogbia.

Him, Erdinc and Matuidi would make this the best transfer window for a good 10 years, in my opinion (assuming no one leaves or is properly replaced if they do).

Aye.

Guest Antec

Three more players then.

Him, Erdinc and Matuidi would make this the best transfer window for a good 10 years, in my opinion (assuming no one leaves or is properly replaced if they do).

Need another striker or can Erding play alone up front when Ba's not available?

Three more players then.

Super Shola  :snod:

Timeline of events:

Saturday 9pm

Douglas on twitter: Shock departure tomorrow, you won't believe it zomg

This forum: *Name everyone except Jonas*

The Sunday Sun: JONAS JETS OUT

Seems to be the general way of things.

Three more players then.

If we're planning on playing with one striker then having Ba and Erdinc as the preferred two means having someone like Ameobi as the second sub is all right. We're not looking to challenge for a CL place. Yet.

Guest Antec

Three more players then.

I knew that was coming. I dread to think what Ben Arfa, etc.. will be thinking when their 25 man passing move is ended by the Fenham Pele tripping over his own feet when trying to shoot

Three more players then.

I knew that was coming. I dread to think what Ben Arfa, etc.. will be thinking when their 25 man passing move is ended by the Fenham Pele tripping over his own feet when trying to shoot

nah the sleek carpet football will be just what Super Shola needs to finally fulfil his potential scoring 2 hat tricks in a row in our first 2 games.

He'll then get injured in training the following day and be back to normal after that

Heard rumours yesterday that he didn't sign for liverpool because he couldn't agree personal terms with them... If that's true I wonder what we are paying him now.

Not always about the money, maybe we might be offering ore chance of playing time and so on.

People really tend to forget that MAshley doesn't want to pay a penny to anyone.

Guest Antec

Heard rumours yesterday that he didn't sign for liverpool because he couldn't agree personal terms with them... If that's true I wonder what we are paying him now.

I'd be amazed if it was a lot

I'm not sure. He was a free agent who must have known what Liverpool were going to offer him. I'm not sure why all the reports had him set for Liverpool if both parties knew that they wouldn't be able to agree on a deal. I reckon it was some last-minute stuff. Maybe Liverpool dropped the years or put in some injury-related clauses in the contract that made him back out and contact us (I presume he knew what we would offer since we've had a good 6 months to tell him). We're probably paying him a decent amount if he backed out of a deal with Liverpool. Liverpool aren't exactly the type of team to hold back on wages, especially not when next season is so crucial for them.

I'd be amazed if it was a lot

It's probably not more but we can guarantee more first team action and probably 5 years sounds better than the 3 or 4 they might have been offering.

Guest johnson293

Just reading a Liverpool thread on another forum and its all "we dodged a bullet" "he's too injury prone anyway" and "he's only gone there for more cash".

However, despite his past injury record, no doubt had he passed the medical there, he'd still be worth the risk, given he was a Bosman and be hailed a great signing.

As said above, agreeing terms with a club isn't automtaically just about more £££.

Dont you just love the generic Liverpool reaction to this:

"Dodged a bullet. Newcastle are a joke"

It's the fact they're saying we're just being financially wreckless and wasting money on a long contract I find hilarious.

Yes, WE'RE the financially wreckless ones. Not the club that's just spend £55 million Jordan Henderson and Andy Carroll. Fucking wall-pushing mongs.