Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Antec

I fkn love these out of the blue signings GO ON MIKE SPLASH THE CASH

:lol:

What's Marley's take on this signing?

Forward options seem to be developing nicely.

Getting quite excited about how the shape is going to look eventually.

Definitely seem to be introducing technique and skill into our attacking play.

Guest Stephen927

It's all for nothing like if we let Coloccini or Tiote go. Enrique I expect to go, so hopefully we move in for a left back when that happens. Shaping up to a be a season of expectation providing we add another striker. Quietly optimistic if we can hold onto our better players too.

:celb:

Personally, could not give a shit if we spend £0 on transfer fees if we can significantly improve the team with free/nominal fees. I'm not saying I'm anywhere near content yet, it'd have to be at least another 3 in, and of good quality, but the transfer fee is totally irrelavant to me.

:celb:

Personally, could not give a shit if we spend £0 on transfer fees if we can significantly improve the team with free/nominal fees. I'm not saying I'm anywhere near content yet, it'd have to be at least another 3 in, and of good quality, but the transfer fee is totally irrelavant to me.

It concerns me that we're not going the old fashioned route of buying players we need outright rather than looking at these players that are cheap or in the last year of their contract, especially with the funds we have.

:pow:

Norwegian scout Tor-Kristian Karlsen did a piece on him yesterday:

Sylvain Marveaux. A scout colleague described the Frenchman last fall as "Florent Malouda without physics". By this he meant that Rennes-man is a classic endimensjonert wing type that gets lost as soon as he loses the smell of chalk, but rather a wide player type (left the ranks as a central attacking midfielder) who likes to draw inward to engage in offensive attack moves the center of the track - or simply go to the terminations.

25-year-old from France possesses a high left-foot (useful dead-ball guns for Liverpool), good 1v1 skills with a low gravity point, good basic techniques (touch, quick nærteknikk / ball guide) and a large fine registry. Before the latest injury left many fascinated by pressure (extremely) to Marveaux, but like many other explosive player, his career has been plagued by tension and muscle injuries around the groin and thigh. And usually fades like the acceleration of football players in line with the operations and procedures.

Injury history is certainly is a great paradox. Previously, both Chelsea and Arsenal snorting on the player, but it is probably the jagged health condition that eventually got the two Premier League rivals to withdraw from competition for 25-year-old.

Time will show whether Dalglish value Marveaux as a pure left wing (because he is left-legged) or on the opposite edge - thus maximizing his ability to draw into the field and provide good working conditions for shooting foot. Or it may be that the Frenchman will find its place more centrally, in a rotation role behind lone striker (to guard against a lack of defensive effort).

But the Frenchman is thus free (Bosman), and although I am not convinced that Marveaux will ever provide more value than a role as an effective squad player, adds the 172 cm long (short) wing properties that Liverpool are missing today. Put another way: Marveaux can finally bring to the club characteristics Joe Cole should be delivered.

It seems to me Marveaux as a supplement - a versatile attacking player who is equally capable of obtaining the Kop-gasp on good days as disgruntled moaning on the less good days.

He's an interesting player. He's much more of an orthodox left-winger than Gutierrez (being left-footed helps) and concentrates on attacking the right-back and putting a cross in.

I follow French football, and he generally has a good reputation - but is known for being injury prone. How many games has Gutierrez missed in the last two seasons? Big risk if he is Jonas' replacement.

Another person who has clearly seen Marveaux play a bit making this post look like utter cobblers.

He appears to be the same type of player that we've been targeting for a long time (can play anywhere in an advanced forward-supporting role).

Making me very optimistic that we'll have a very "fluid" look about us next season if everything clicks, with Ben Arfa/Marveaux/Another switching in and out of position with each other.

Also still convinced we're going 4-2-3-1 ahead of 4-3-3, even moreso after this buy and the apparent interest in another player of this type.

Guest bimpy474

Damn well started a new game of FM, will have to start again now  :frantic:

Nice surprise to wake up to.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/18/newcastle-in-swoop-to-sign-sylvain-marveaux-72703-28899866/

NEWCASTLE United have swooped to sign exciting left-winger Sylvain Marveaux from under the noses of Liverpool.

United made their move for the former France under-21 international late last night - clinching a five-year deal for the midfielder at 2am today.

Following on from yesterday’s signing of former West Ham striker Demba Ba, it ensures the St James’ Park revolution continues to gather momentum.

And boss Alan Pardew said it was a “great coup” to sign the 25-year-old, who was out of contract after playing more than 100 games for French top flight side Rennes.

Marveaux has joined as competition for Jonas Gutierrez, who, the Evening Chronicle understands, is not one of the crop of players that Newcastle are looking to move on this summer.

With 16 goals from 102 games, Marveaux is quick and attack-minded and adds more pace to a midfield which will be completely overhauled next season.

Pardew said: “It’s a great coup to have signed Sylvain, who has received interest from a number of other clubs.

“He may not be well known to many of our fans, but he is a real talent and a player we have been keeping an eye on for some time.

“ It’s been a good couple of days for us on the transfer front.”

Marveaux was on the brink of moving to Anfield but the move collapsed amid reports that the player, who missed most of the season with a groin injury, had failed his medical.

He has not played since November after suffering the injury playing for Rennes against Brest.

But Newcastle insiders have rubbished those claims, and the player has strongly denied that there are any long-standing fitness problems.

He said the reports “disgusted” him and he had a very thorough medical at Newcastle which did not flag up any problems.

United found out that the move to Liverpool had broken down late yesterday evening, flying the player to Newcastle to talk terms.

And he agreed to the move in the small hours of today, ensuring more good news in the transfer market.

Marveaux has been tracked by a number of English clubs and was close to joining West Ham last summer – only for Rennes to turn down a £3m bid.

Chelsea and Manchester United have also been linked with the tricky winger.

Marveaux, who is a former team-mate of Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan, will officially become a Newcastle player when the international transfer window opens on July 1.

BRIGHTON & HOVE Albion believe they are close to sealing a permanent move for Newcastle’s Kazenga LuaLua.

The 20-year-old brother of former United favourite Lomana enjoyed a second three-month loan spell at the Withdean Stadium last season, scoring four goals in 11 appearances.

And Seagulls boss Gus Poyet has said: “We are really in an advanced situation.

“I think it’s a matter of time, checking everything, making sure we have agreed with the club, the player, the medical and hoping everything is all right.

“It looks all right, because I saw him play against Chelsea (at the end of last season).”

The Chronicle understands Aston Villa are keen on Magpies defender Danny Simpson, but contrary to suggestions, United have not received an enquiry from any club regarding Joey Barton.

Meanwhile, United remain interested in Paris Saint-Germain forward Mevlut Erding, Bayer Leverkusen’s Swiss midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta and Saint-Etienne’s highly-rated Blaise Metuidi.

Three more players then.

If we don't get Barnetta, I reckon it's N'Zogbia.

Him, Erdinc and Matuidi would make this the best transfer window for a good 10 years, in my opinion (assuming no one leaves or is properly replaced if they do).