Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

thought he was terrible until last 20 mins

That's because we were sitting too deep. Once the full backs started bombing on the players all looked much better as it opened the pitch up.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW a midfield 3 of Marveaux, Cabaye and Sissoko would get butchered off this lot, and you know my thoughts on Marveaux playing in a forward 3. Save him for Thursday.

Yep. Very much looks like he'll play Perch holding on Thursday, allowing Marv a bit of a free role.

Some disagree but I think Obertan puts in more work rate than Marveaux, he's not a workhorse but he will stay wide where Marveaux literally disappears.

Talent wise Marveaux is the much better player but he is a central player and we would literally be giving our left back 2 players to defend against the whole game. We can't afford to do that against poor opposition, we certainly can't do it against City.

Again, I am NOT saying Obertan is any sort of battler so please feel free not to bump this any time he doesn't track back :D

Had a slight groin strain according to Pardew.

So why on the bench at all?

Said had we been in the game at say 2-1 he may have risked bringing him on but thought at that stage was better to keep him for Benfica match.

"Very good player" compared to who?

:lol:  eh?

I don't think Sylvain Marveaux is a "Very good player". I was asking who Marveaux was being rated against to call him a "Very good player".

Well you dont need rate him by comparing him to others, you rate him based on his ability as a footballer. If you dont think he's a good footballer then fair enough, but I think we've seen enough from him to suggest otherwise. Consistency and playing in his prefered position seem to have been his biggest problems.