Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

To be fair Ba won more than his fair share of headers and held the ball up much better than anyone else we've currently got at the club (except when Shola's playing his one good game in fifteen). The fact Cisse is so naive at bringing other players into the game really cost us last season as our rather agricultural passing (ie hoof) just kept coming back. And to be fair even when we did pass it into feet often it still came back.

If we're going to continue to play with that kind of style we'll need someone who is mobile but can win headers and hold up the ball. Else it'll become like a few seasons back when we were using James Milner as our target from goal kicks. (A tactic I noticed England attempted to use horrendously against Brazil this summer).

Would be fucking pissed if we let Sylvain go - Pards needs to figure out how to accommodate a starting 11 with both Hatem and Sylvain on the pitch at the same time unless we go on and sign someone better to be our creative attacking midfielder.

Marveaux's only started 11 league games for us. That's less than Gouffran.

For the limited opportunites he's had, I think he's done reasonably well and shown a lot of promise. Well worth keeping.

I'm beginning to question the minds of some posters on this board. It seems in every single thread regarding every single player who is linked with a move away from us, there are a few who think its a fantastic idea, how that player never did much anyway, and should be sold. If we sell all our best players, where the fuck are Joe and Alan going to find replacements from? Cisse? Bent is better, marra. Marv? Never adapted marra. Perch? Should never have been taking up a spot from Bigi (!) marra.

We need to have a bigger picture here in mind and not be reactionary and look at every single potential sale as a one-off. We are potentially breaking this team apart completely if we continue to sell the few players who did deliver last year in a pathetic season. We should be looking to add talent.

I'm beginning to question the minds of some posters on this board. It seems in every single thread regarding every single player who is linked with a move away from us, there are a few who think its a fantastic idea, how that player never did much anyway, and should be sold. If we sell all our best players, where the fuck are Joe and Alan going to find replacements from? Cisse? Bent is better, marra. Marv? Never adapted marra. Perch? Should never have been taking up a spot from Bigi (!) marra.

We need to have a bigger picture here in mind and not be reactionary and look at every single potential sale as a one-off. We are potentially breaking this team apart completely if we continue to sell the few players who did deliver last year in a pathetic season. We should be looking to add talent.

I agree, but let's not forget we've only sold Perch.

I'm beginning to question the minds of some posters on this board. It seems in every single thread regarding every single player who is linked with a move away from us, there are a few who think its a fantastic idea, how that player never did much anyway, and should be sold. If we sell all our best players, where the f*** are Joe and Alan going to find replacements from? Cisse? Bent is better, marra. Marv? Never adapted marra. Perch? Should never have been taking up a spot from Bigi (!) marra.

I don't get this. We've only sold James Perch who is legitimately only decent in a position where there's 6 better alternatives. I'll only be concerned if we sell Willo and Marveaux.

Tbh if we did sign Bent, i'd rather we sold Cisse.

I'm beginning to question the minds of some posters on this board. It seems in every single thread regarding every single player who is linked with a move away from us, there are a few who think its a fantastic idea, how that player never did much anyway, and should be sold. If we sell all our best players, where the f*** are Joe and Alan going to find replacements from? Cisse? Bent is better, marra. Marv? Never adapted marra. Perch? Should never have been taking up a spot from Bigi (!) marra.

You do realise we have sold Perch to a championship club right? you do realise Perch was getting minutes over international footballers last year yes?

If we sell Cisse and Marveaux then you have a point..... but not with James f*cking Perch when we have better players already.

Our problem isn't a lack of numbers its a lack of quality and we have more than enough in the positions Perch played.

What we seriously lack is creativity, width and goals none of which Perch provides.

The way some of you are going on about Perch is as if he's Andrea f*cking Pirlo.

I was a fairly long term critic of Marveaux and I still think he could offer more but even I think we'd be very foolish to sell. We'd likely get not much, he can play a range of roles, he is one of 2/3 genuine creators we have and he'd need to be replaced effectively.

I'm sceptical he'll ever really make it for us, but next season seems like his best chance to give it a go.

He'll never make it if he's given so few starts and consistent ones at that.

Can't expect consistency if he's playing one week and benched the next, i do fear because of this we will never see his best on a regular basis.

Due to his injuries he's someone you can't rely on. If he was evergreen like Jonas we'd probably be still in the same position of selling him but for very different reasons.

Due to his injuries he's someone you can't rely on. If he was evergreen like Jonas we'd probably be still in the same position of selling him but for very different reasons.

Agreed with this. In the games I've seen him in, it's clear there's a good, intelligent, skillful player in there with an eye for a pass but alas injuries have put paid to any reasonable run in the team.

My fear is he's another Kieron Dyer, just simply injury prone and might never get a consistent run of games.

It seemed he was available for plenty of league games last term, but was overlooked by Pardew. I like him, and under another manager he would flourish. He's a creative player with an eye for a good pass, he can run with the ball effectively but he hasn't got the ability to tackle so he will be held back under Pardew.

He'll never get near to Dyer's level, most likely. Agree with all his positive attributes though, if he stays fit he could do well.

Dyer's level wasn't that great imo.

Dyer was quality when he was fully fit IMO.