Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Aye we'll just sign David Silva then :lol:

As well as the rest of the Manchester City squad. Maybe we'll apply a bit of pressure and win a few 50/50s then, and win a few games.

Or maybe the Man City boss should ask Silva to sit back and challenge for 50/50's while we lump the ball in the general direction of Dzeko? Sounds like a mint plan :lol:

...or maybe we could just have a balanced midfield with a ball-winner and a playmaker like most decent sides...lads?

What has this got to do with anything, Heza?

Every player in your squad should ideally be able to challenge for the ball and not bottle it, especially your midfield, and especially in a squad like ours which cannot really afford a luxury player.

Not that I think Marveaux cannot have his games, but we really need a proper attacking midfielder imo.

Such a bizarre player is Marveaux. At times I've seen him burn past players with pace and skill. I've seen him create goals with some fantastic pieces of vision and accuracy and yet too many times he has put in performances like that where he just goes missing or plays the game at half pace.

Why would he need to sit back to challenge for a 50/50?

Why do most of our midfielders sit back? Why does the keeper hoof the ball long? These are all important questions.

You appear to have changed the subject and presented me with some irrelevant questions :lol:

Just think about how the top teams seem to avoid getting involved in physical battles. Spurs...Man U..Arsenal...Liverpool. How do they do it? What's the secret? :lol: :lol:

I just dont think hes confident enough in himself.

He's a good set piece taker, yet today our best chance on goal from a set piece & he was outgunned by Bigirimana a 19 year old to take it. Hes 27 man.

Raylor would've been all over that & rightfully so. You have to know your strengths & believe in them.

He's a good set piece taker, yet today our best chance on goal from a set piece & he was outgunned by Bigirimana a 19 year old to take it. Hes 27 man.

Raylor would've been all over that & rightfully so. You have to know your strengths & believe in them.

What utter shit. Bigi took that because it was best suited for a right footer. 5 yards to the right and no doubt Marveaux would have taken it. FFS.

Why would he need to sit back to challenge for a 50/50?

Why do most of our midfielders sit back? Why does the keeper hoof the ball long? These are all important questions.

You appear to have changed the subject and presented me with some irrelevant questions :lol:

Just think about how the top teams seem to avoid getting involved in physical battles. Spurs...Man U..Arsenal...Liverpool. How do they do it? What's the secret? :lol: :lol:

Money?

i think the game over here is too intense for him. too quick, too hard. it's what mapou,debuchy and sissoko are coming to terms with and may not get there. cabaye adjusted very quickly, i think he's a one off for that.

i think the game over here is too intense for him. too quick, too hard. it's what mapou,debuchy and sissoko are coming to terms with and may not get there. cabaye adjusted very quickly, i think he's a one off for that.

I'll ask you the same question as earlier. Why do the better passing teams seem to have more time on the ball? I don't see Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs getting dragged into physical battles. We spend millions yet still end up looking like Southampton under Pardew. Why is that do you think?

What utter s***. Bigi took that because it was best suited for a right footer. 5 yards to the right and no doubt Marveaux would have taken it. FFS.

:lol: You seem offended? It was barely to the left, as i say Raylor wouldnt care where it was. Marveaux is our first teams set piece taker when he actually plays the majority of the time, he should have the confidence in himself from that range. Do you think Cabaye, Barton, Solano, Raylor etc would have let a younger lad have a punt because he did well in reserve games? I doubt it.

What utter s***. Bigi took that because it was best suited for a right footer. 5 yards to the right and no doubt Marveaux would have taken it. FFS.

:lol: You seem offended? It was barely to the left, as i say Raylor wouldnt care where it was. Marveaux is our first teams set piece taker when he actually plays the majority of the time, he should have the confidence in himself from that range. Do you think Cabaye, Barton, Solano, Raylor etc would have let a younger lad have a punt because he did well in reserve games? I doubt it.

marveaux is probabaly the set piece take for delivery when he plays but i'm not sure about shots at goal. fairly sure bigi has taken a few when the shots been on when in the europa etc. always been there or thereabouts aswell. closer than ben arfa normally gets.