Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

If we're without Cisse and Ba for some reason (ACN) would be a good idea to try out Ben Arfa centrally again, or just behind Cisse in the hole, not a terrible idea during squad rotation, full strength though fits flank.

He's adapted to the physicality better and should do better, but it's not terribly important, he drifts all over the place anyway and he offers more width in the wide role than I expected, his crosses have been superb at times.

Anyway on to Marveaux, club obviously feel he is a talent, don't know as of yet, but having another creative ball playing player should be ace. If he stays fit.

• 2 months later...
Guest Archie

I'd like to see:

Tiote

Cabaye                Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba                      Cisse

Worth a try in pre-season IMO.

Agreed.

I don't think Marveaux is the same player he was a couple of years ago, he's barely played in that time and i'd expect the injuries to have taken their toll. at rennes he was an explosive winger but i think that pace has largely gone now so he'll have to re-adjust his game and perhaps find a new position.

his technique and passing looked sexy vs everton and in his games earlier he seemed to play deeper and more central to try to dictate rather than stay wide, dribble or use pace as he would've a few years back. i could actually see him reposition as more of a modric style player if he stays fit and gets to grips with the physicality and tempo of the league. even if he plays in a front three he'd probably play more as a Silva style player than what some seem to be expecting.

His milage is still low, nothing to implicate that his pace is gone for good.

He just needs a bit of time to get his fitness back. Its not like he is ryan giggs.

Heres hoping

Not gonna get my hopes up, looks a top class player but every game he plays is just a bonus at the moment.

Looked classy tonight.

The bat signal just went off on RTG

:lol:

Guest Archie

I see him as competition for Jonas, and much needed at that. Having some competition will not hurt him in the slightest

Guest Archie

I wish we didnt deploy Cabaye so deep. Somewhat similar to the mistake Liverpool has done with Gerrard, even though Cabaye is better at being a CM/holding than StevieG is...