London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Is it fair to say that Suarez really doesn't have enough consistent end product to be considered a top player?  He's not the finished article by a long shot IMO, although obviously capable of moments of real magic.

I think he's overrated tbh and i dont use that word to throw away like some people. He's a very good dribbler but far too often runs into blind alleys and think's he's Messi, his finishing is piss poor and passing while decent isn't anything to go nuts about.

In short he's a good player but isn't worth anywhere near the hype he gets.

Is it fair to say that Suarez really doesn't have enough consistent end product to be considered a top player?  He's not the finished article by a long shot IMO, although obviously capable of moments of real magic.

I'd say it's a lack of consistency, how old is he now 25?

He's not a 9 IMO and therefore to judge him as is slightly flawed. Aside from Ajax, he's never been that prolific anyway and I reckon any old knacker could pop a few in for Ajax.

He's not a 9 IMO and therefore to judge him as is slightly flawed. Aside from Ajax, he's never been that prolific anyway and I reckon any old knacker could pop a few in for Ajax.

Oh definitely not. It's just he gets into some cracking positions (a lot of it through his own work might I add) then seems to fluff his chances, so wasting all of the so-called harder work.

Oh definitely not. It's just he gets into some cracking positions (a lot of it through his own work might I add) then seems to fluff his chances, so wasting all of the so-called harder work.

Aye it's a weird one, it's almost as if his low centre running/technique style is more condusive to dribbling etc than shooting and passing. Bit of a head down player at times.

Absolutely unplayable on his day hence the hype. His 4-0 v Chile was probably the best individual performance I watched last season.

Who was offside there; Bellamy?

Ball curled out from his cross.

:thup: makes a lot more sense.

Commentators :yao:

FOOTBALL

Good grief what a miss!

Craig Bellamy - who has been excellent all night - gets free down the right and swings in a deep cross which Scott Sinclair heads back across goal for Daniel Sturridge, who hits the post from a distance of around eight inches.

His blushes are partly spared by an offside flag but still, that was some miss...

Had Lodeiro started a game yet?

Am I right in thinking he was dubbed a future wonderkid?

Not that far but aye he was hyped massively after his world under 20 performances. Flopped big time in the WC (sent off in opening game) and at Ajax though. Gone back to South America now, Brazil can't remember who.

He's very much my kind of player so I hope he makes it big.