London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

A bit of drama: a Korean player has been barred from participating in today's medal ceremony and could be stripped of his bronze medal after displaying a "political message" on the pitch after yesterdays match

Fucking hate how good Mexico is.

Yep. I'll root for any other CONCACAF team in WCs but never El Tri. Hate that U.S/Mexico games played in the States always produce the shitbag Mexican-American fans (i.e. American citizens) abusing our team and rooting for the Mexicans. Go back to that shithole country if that's the way you feel.

They're gonna be a contender in 2014 imo. Too young, too good.

Savage and Bright are an abortion of a pundit team :anguish:

Bit harsh on abortions there, Beren.

My guess would be the Beeb cut the pundit budget the moment Team GB was eliminated. This is what you're left with as a result.

Savage and Bright are an abortion of a pundit team :anguish:

Bit harsh on abortions there, Beren.

My guess would be the Beeb cut the pundit budget the moment Team GB was eliminated. This is what you're left with as a result.

f*** that, I'd have done it for a tenner

A bit of drama: a Korean player has been barred from participating in today's medal ceremony and could be stripped of his bronze medal after displaying a "political message" on the pitch after yesterdays match

:lol: Does that mean no national service exemption for him? Gonna suck if that got away cos of some naivety on his part.

:lol: Does that mean no national service exemption for him? Gonna suck if that got away cos of some naivety on his part.

Meh, I'm sure common sense will prevail and we'll work something out for him.

It'll be ridiculous if they actually take his medal away for holding up a piece of paper somebody in the crowd gave him though.

Curious, does the national service exemption apply to medals in any sports, or is it just the football team with the privilege?

Any Olympic medal, and gold medals from the Asian Games.

2002 WC squad got it too didn't they?

Curious, does the national service exemption apply to medals in any sports, or is it just the football team with the privilege?

Any Olympic medal, and gold medals from the Asian Games.

2002 WC squad got it too didn't they?

That was a special case. Government has stated that they'll no longer do those and will only hand out exemptions for the Olympics now.