London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

"No players from Scotland or N Ireland in Olympic squad"

"There will be no Scottish or Northern Irish players in the men's British Olympic football squad when it is announced on Monday. BBC Scotland has learned that manager Stuart Pearce will list 18 players from England and Wales."

:memelol:

Interesting but hardly surprising. The only potential ones would be overrage players like Brunt/McGregor/Evans and there is better options.

I think I read that James Forrest was likely to get selected if it wasn't for his injury.

Interesting but hardly surprising. The only potential ones would be overrage players like Brunt/McGregor/Evans and there is better options.

I think I read that James Forrest was likely to get selected if it wasn't for his injury.

On merit it's not particularly surprising, but I fully expected a few token players in there to make everyone interested in supporting this team.

On merit it's not particularly surprising, but I fully expected a few token players in there to make everyone interested in supporting this team.

Scottish FA were whining on though weren't they? Would have thought Azza Hughes could have been the token N.I player.

Aside from the GB games which will be interesting as a weirdness thing I'm quite looking forward to watching Brazil/Spain/Uruguay/Meh'hiho

Ignorance time but why do most Koreans have double-barrelled surnames? :okay:

Like the Turks, our first names are our surnames, our last names are our given names. So in reality, we all have double-barreled given names.

Does anyone really care about how we do in this?

Surely its best placed as a learning experience for the younger lads & Beckham could've passed on some advice. The likes of Giggs & Bellamy will only play the odd game anyway due to fitness & theyve little experience of international tournaments.

Maybe ill care more when it starts dunno, bit meh atm at taking it so seriously.

J Allen (Swansea), C Bellamy (Liverpool), R Bertrand (Chelsea), J Butland (Birmingham), S Caulker (Tottenham), T Cleverley (Manchester United), J Cork (Southampton), C Dawson (West Brom), R Giggs (Manchester United), A Ramsey (Arsenal), M Richards (Manchester City), D Rose (Tottenham), S Sinclair (Swansea), M Sordell (Bolton), J Steele (Middlesbrough), D Sturridge (Chelsea), N Taylor (Swansea), J Tomkins (West Ham)

One major use of the over age slots is to plug weaknesses. Brazil are picking two CBs (THiago Silva and probably Luiz) because their under-23 options are rubbish.

Clearly he thought RB was a weak position and we also needed a commanding defender at the back. One defender, one midfielder, one forward for the 3 over-age players. The logic is fine - the problem is that Pearce is a dullard who will have them playing hoofball.