London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Got me Gabon shirt at last, get in. Cannot wait for this, gonna shit all over those South Korean cunts, up the Gab'.

I have an Angola shirt, which I wear with pride. I just love dem Black Antelopes so bad. I guess this makes us African Enemies.

Do you reckon they will I.D at the turnstiles for a 16 year old's ticket?

Don't think they would / could be arsed as long as you look around 16 ish.

Which 16 year old as ID anyway? :razz:

Do you reckon they will I.D at the turnstiles for a 16 year old's ticket?

Don't think they would / could be arsed as long as you look around 16 ish.

Which 16 year old as ID anyway? :razz:

Almost all of them but it says their 18 and their name is McLoven.

Quite a few players being restricted from competing in this by their clubs. For the teams competing at SJP;

Fergie is not allowing Hernandez to play for Mexico. The Swiss team who would have been quite interesting will now be without Xhaka, Shaqiri because their new clubs want them in pre-season training plus a few others with Basel in QL qualifying. I think Spain and Brazil will be fairly unaffected though.

I think ultimately it comes down to the player so evidently these players have agreed with their club/manager's decision.

I'm disappointed because I was at least hoping this would be equivalent to the U-21 competitions, but now we won't even get that probably. Very much a hotch-potch mix for some of the sides.

I've already got a ticket for the mens quarter final. I might try and get a ticket for the Canadian womens game.

it will be the most important game of the tourney,for the canadian women,as we open up with japan. the funny thing our womens coach is from newcastle(or least born there) saw last week he was talking about his first live football match with his dad,walking out in to st.james,being blown away by the size and atmosphere and said after that there was only one team for him. he(john herdman) was talking up newcastle,st james and there supporters to the women,hopefuly be a good atmosphere, to cheer the women on. do womens teams get much support out to the matches over there? i know womens matches can be like mls,sometimes good,sometimes not so much...

Guest bimpy474

Already have Bale to play on the left and options in midfield.

Keeper should be one of the overage players. It will imevitable be Beckham and Giggs though.

I'd say Giggs for sure, Fergie came out and said he would stop him playing and at his age his only chance of a tournament.

Does Micah Richards count as over-age.. just turning 24.. do they have to be 23 at the start of the competition or start of the year?

I'm pretty pumped for team GB tbh.. more so than England. There is some decent talent to pick from.

Will be pretty dissapointed if Beckham is picked. Think they would be better off with someone younger. Bring Beckham along as coach or something, he isn't good enough anymore in comparison to other options out there.

Bellamy in should be a starter. Wonder if any of the England injured will be fit for the Olympics to be taken?  I know Saylor has made noises but I would be very shocked to see him in. Could see Crouch or Shawcross in there though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I got the £20 seats.

Anywhere but level 7 and I'll be happy, level 7 and I can't grumble.