Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Guest reefatoon

How does listing three players make you a statto? :lol:

Bloody hell, I was joking about that too!!!  I just had images of him flicking through his rothman's year books looking up freebies

Liverpool free agents = Voronin, Cole, Jovanovic and stuff

Newcastle free agents = Ba (well ok that's only one but you know what I mean...)

Shefki Kuqi was alreet man.

Our recent free transfers are Marveaux, Ba, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Gosling and Jonas(sort of).

I think they have all been worthwhile signings and valuable members of our squad.

Internet rule 3541:  Any display of knowledge will instantly see the person posting branded as a pretentious know it all in the common vernacular of the topic.

Guest reefatoon

Internet rule 3541:  Any display of knowledge will instantly see the person posting branded as a pretentious know it all in the common vernacular of the topic.

I was kidding on!!  Dear me, pipe doon Norris McWerter

Newcastle free agents = Ba (well ok that's only one but you know what I mean...)

Our recent free transfers are Marveaux, Ba, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Gosling and Jonas(sort of).

I think they have all been worthwhile signings and valuable members of our squad.

That's true. Forgot Marveaux..And Lovenkrands have done more for Newcastle then Voronin and co. ever did for the scousers.

Can't wait until Barnetta, Emerton and Kuyt sign :)

I would imagine Barnetta wouldn't be on crazy wages and we don't mind taking risks on crocks so this could be a goer, would cover a few positions too.

Lovenkrands I can agree with as when we were relegated he played a big part in bringing us back up and done alright when called upon in the PL. To say Marveaux and Gosling have been valuable members of our squad though? Gosling has been here since 2010 and done nothing but look like my ex-girlfriends flatmate and be injured. In the few games he has played he's been shit or at best unnoticable.

Marv has looked pretty good when he's been fit but played about 5 games, he can be a valuable member of our squad but has yet to prove his fitness. Guthrie cost £2m and Jonas was about £6m IIRC.

Lovenkrands I can agree with as when we were relegated he played a big part in bringing us back up and done alright when called upon in the PL. To say Marveaux and Gosling have been valuable members of our squad though? Gosling has been here since 2010 and done nothing but look like my ex-girlfriends flatmate and be injured. In the few games he has played he's been s*** or at best unnoticable.

Marv has looked pretty good when he's been fit but played about 5 games, he can be a valuable member of our squad but has yet to prove his fitness. Guthrie cost £2m and Jonas was about £6m IIRC.

They were both initially bosmans. Guthrie was far less than 2 million in compensation due to his age, and Jonas was a complicated transfer that wasnt settled for a couple of year after. But we did end up paying around 5 million pounds.

I'd bring him in. We need a bigger squad and he would be definitely be a decent option to have.

The fact he's on a free too is a good enough reason for me.

Lovenkrands I can agree with as when we were relegated he played a big part in bringing us back up and done alright when called upon in the PL. To say Marveaux and Gosling have been valuable members of our squad though? Gosling has been here since 2010 and done nothing but look like my ex-girlfriends flatmate and be injured. In the few games he has played he's been s*** or at best unnoticable.

They were both initially bosmans. Guthrie was far less than 2 million in compensation due to his age, and Jonas was a complicated transfer that wasnt settled for a couple of year after. But we did end up paying around 5 million pounds.

We signed Danny Guthrie from Liverpool for £2million, he wasn't out of contract.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,90311.msg3696478.html#msg3696478

Any Bundesliga followers know how Tranquillo Barnetta has been playing since returning from his injury? We've been linked to him in previous transfer windows and I believe he is a free agent in the Summer. What position/s does he play?

Mentioned him to a mater yesterday, wouldnt suprise me at all if we were back in for him with his contract being up.

He only played the last four games from start, but from what I've read he has been their worst player every time.

I assume this new link is purely based on the fact that we've previously been linked with him and is not based on any new information?