Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Can't wait until Barnetta, Emerton and Kuyt sign :)

I would imagine Barnetta wouldn't be on crazy wages and we don't mind taking risks on crocks so this could be a goer, would cover a few positions too.

Don't forget Skjelbred.

Has played at DM too hasn't he? ???

So you play/played footy manager then ;)

Na, don't think he will be a target this year, some how.

One of the few that don't actually, probably just read it from here by someone who does though :lol:

Can't wait until Barnetta, Emerton and Kuyt sign :)

I would imagine Barnetta wouldn't be on crazy wages and we don't mind taking risks on crocks so this could be a goer, would cover a few positions too.

Don't forget Skjelbred.

Wish Roeder would make his mind up already.

Classy today. Interesting to see where he ends up. Won't be here now we signed Roman.

If you're going to play in the wide positions surrounding Cisse, then ideally you need to have a proven productivity track record. Amalfitano doesn't.

I'd be disappointed if we don't bring in another "match winner" type player in the BA/HBA positions.

Just watched the match from last night, he played an incredible match! On a free, hes exactly what we need. The Craft and pace of him and Ben arfa on each wing is a scary proposition for the opposition ;)

Just watched the match from last night, he played an incredible match! On a free, hes exactly what we need. The Craft and pace of him and Ben arfa on each wing is a scary proposition for the opposition ;)

Except Ben Arfa says he likes playing on the right.

I'd be happy if we went for Barnetta. It depends if NUFC want to pay £35K a week to a player who plays in an area we don't desperately need to fill. He's free which is tempting to Mike Ashley. He's 27 so only 1 year over the usual under 26 years old cut off of NUFC's transfer policy.

Guest VaVaVoom

I'd be happy if we went for Barnetta. It depends if NUFC want to pay £35K a week to a player who plays in an area we don't desperately need to fill. He's free which is tempting to Mike Ashley. He's 27 so only 1 year over the usual under 26 years old cut off of NUFC's transfer policy.

We need to bulk up the squad for next season which could be around the 55 game mark.

On a free at about 30k a week would not be a problem surely. Even with his injury record. Ba?

He would definitely add experience and a bit of quality to the squad. Very good back up.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I wouldn't think twice about signing this guy on a free. Wages would be the only turn off, if any.

I wouldn't think twice about signing this guy on a free. Wages would be the only turn off, if any.

I think hed be more than a squad player..started out on the left for the swiss yesterday and was incredibly effective there.

Guest Craig-NUFC

We need to bulk up the squad for next season which could be around the 55 game mark.

On a free at about 30k a week would not be a problem surely. Even with his injury record. Ba?

He would definitely add experience and a bit of quality to the squad. Very good back up.

Why would he leave a good team where he gets a game to come sit on the bench for us for probably lower wages, if not similar? All logic points toward this being a no-goer.

Agreed, i would like to see us sign him and wouldnt suprise me if we did..... we have gone back to previous targets on a few occasions during Ashleys reign and i dont feel his age would be an issue due to the fact he's on a free and 35k is less than what Cabaye and Ba are on for example....

Would be a good depth signing to play in wide areas and genuine quality i personally would do it.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think hed be more than a squad player..started out on the left for the swiss yesterday and was incredibly effective there.

Wont start on the left for us though unless we go back to 442. Even then Jonas would still be ahead. Cant see AP dropping Jonas like.

Would Barnetta want to be back up though?

As I understand, Barnetta plays right wing. We haven't really got an out and out right winger. Ben Arfa, Obertan, Gutierrez and maybe Marveaux can play on both wings. That's without counting Ferguson and Sammy Ameobi. Amalfitano can play right wing too. I just think NUFC will think Barnetta's wages would be better spent elsewhere.

Wont start on the left for us though unless we go back to 442. Even then Jonas would still be ahead. Cant see AP dropping Jonas like.

Jonas needs a break here and there, though. We need his work rate against the big teams especially, but now with Europe, there would be enough games for Barnetta to play for.

Guest VaVaVoom

Would Barnetta want to be back up though?

As I understand, Barnetta plays right wing. We haven't really got an out and out right winger. Ben Arfa, Obertan, Gutierrez and maybe Marveaux can play on both wings. That's without counting Ferguson and Sammy Ameobi. Amalfitano can play right wing too. I just think NUFC will think Barnetta's wages would be better spent elsewhere.

Fair point.

I dont see a change in who starts out wide for us next season like. Will be Ben Arfa and Jonas or Ba depending on our system and if Ba stays.

AP has already said we will lean on some younger players so Ferguson and Sameobi will get pitch time. Marveaux will get a lot more games if stays fit, Raylor will always be a decent option too and we now have Amalfitano who can play on the right so i guess your right. Money better spent elsewhere.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He strikes me as the type of creative player who could play behind the front man as well

How old is this guy?

Just turned 27 and i dont think wages will be an issue personally he's asking his current employers for around 30k not really outside of our limit tbh especially for a free transfer.....

I feel we need an extra option outwide and he definitely fits the bill and its not like we wont be rotating and he will be on the bench every single week.