Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Graeme Bailey knows as much as the local press.  f*** all.

Perhaps - just seems like a it of a coincidence that he said that a claimed injury would scupper the deal, and now we have heard that due to an injury the player is not currently thinking about moving clubs

Touché. We still didn't pay his actual market value though.

Huh? Why does that matter?

Read the previous posts. It's the difference between the Gosling/Ben Arfa deals and this.

Guest Heneage

Read the previous posts. It's the difference between the Gosling/Ben Arfa deals and this.

We aren't paying Barnetta's market value.

Last year of his contract, ain't it? I'd imagine you'd pay at least double that otherwise, so it's the perfect Mike Ashley signing.

Well even so, he's not exactly in a contract dispute as far as I know, leaving for free or completely crocked.

Point is it's much easier to accept gambles on injuries when you're trying to get a bargain. If we buy Barnetta there won't be any of that shit unless someone can correct me.

Guest Heneage

Last year of his contract, ain't it? I'd imagine you'd pay at least double that otherwise, so it's the perfect Mike Ashley signing.

N'Zogbia just went for 9m+

I'd say Barnetta would be going for €10m if he wasn't in the final year of his contract. So in that sense it's not his true market value, be another great piece of scouting if we get him.

N'Zogbia just went for 9m+

I'd say Barnetta would be going for €10m if he wasn't in the final year of his contract. So in that sense it's not his true market value, be another great piece of scouting if we get him.

On the flip side it will be another opportunity missed if we don't. The way things have been going I wouldn't put too much faith in us tying this one up, especially as I am pretty sure we won't sign him unless Barton leaves.

So Graeme Bailey wasnt talking bollocks?

Bit confused atm. Looks like its off though.

Eh? So despite realising Graeme Bailey is talking bollocks you're taking his word that the deal may be off?

He called the injury before anyone else, so he clearly had some form of advanced knowledge beyond that of the likes of Douglas. He also said we wouldnt be going back in for him.

Anyway the story in general is strange. Players dont stop thinking about moving due to a short term injury, not sure that adds up.

So Graeme Bailey wasnt talking bollocks?

Bit confused atm. Looks like its off though.

Eh? So despite realising Graeme Bailey is talking bollocks you're taking his word that the deal may be off?

He called the injury before anyone else, so he clearly had some form of advanced knowledge beyond that of the likes of Douglas. He also said we wouldnt be going back in for him.

Anyway the story in general is strange. Players dont stop thinking about moving due to a short term injury, not sure that adds up.

Exactly, we bought Gosling knowing full well he was going to miss most of the season. We bough Marveaux who's career has been riddled with injury. Why would a three week injury put us off? Sounds like absolute bollocks to me like

I suspect it was the wage that put us off not the injury. We thought we could get him for £4m and £40k/week, turned out he wanted £45k/week or possibly a little more. Meanwhile Pardew phones Alex and gets confirmation he can get Obertan for £2m and probably around £25k/week. Cut-price Ashley considers the relative merits of the two deals. No contest. :(