Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Barnetta deal was teed up a while back. Agent said there was no chance last week but Barton move would be game changer.

Lets not kid ourselves, there is zero chance that Barton will be replaced, even less of a chance we will spend decent oney on a replacement.

Guest Wally_McFool

Dont think that Barton will replaced from outside the club. Ryan Taylor will be his replacement IMO, and I will be fuckin' delighted if Fat Cunt and dodgy Derek prove me wrong.

(no capital outlay and all that!)

Cant believe people think that Barton will replaced from outside the club. Ryan Taylor will be his replacement IMO, and I will be fuckin' delighted if Fat Cunt and dodgy Derek prove me wrong.

Apart from the fact that he's our new left back, I agree.

Ben Arfa will be stuck on the right.

Guest Wally_McFool

Cant believe people think that Barton will replaced from outside the club. Ryan Taylor will be his replacement IMO, and I will be fuckin' delighted if Fat Cunt and dodgy Derek prove me wrong.

I confidently predict that Ryan Taylor will be ousted from his left back position by James Perch. :D

:idiot2:

up yours  ;D

Thing is, you're supposed to have player B lined up BEFORE you let player A leave. Not after. With 7 days left in the transfer window.

True, but this is Newcastle...  :undecided:

I confidently predict that Ryan Taylor will be ousted from his left back position by James Perch. :D

:idiot2:

up yours  ;D

Funny thing is that wasn't aimed at your post. It was aimed at this thread being bumped again.

Shame on you Wally mc jump to conclusion!  :nope: 

Guest bimpy474

If we signed Barnetta I'd feel a lot better about the Joey situation. But we won't, of course we won't.

Who's with you ?

:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed Tranquillo Barnetta will be out until next year after he underwent a knee operation.

The 26-year-old midfielder picked up the injury during pre-season and will be a major loss to the Bundesliga outfit.

Barnetta was in impressive form when Switzerland played England at the end of the season in a Euro 2012 qualifier.

He illustrated his keen eye for goal as he garnered a brace in the 2-2 draw to check England's progress in the group.

"Barnetta will probably not be available any more in the first of the Bundesliga season," read a statement on the club website.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7150890,00.html

Looks like it's a good job we didn't get him in as Barton's replacement!

Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed Tranquillo Barnetta will be out until next year after he underwent a knee operation.

The 26-year-old midfielder picked up the injury during pre-season and will be a major loss to the Bundesliga outfit.

Barnetta was in impressive form when Switzerland played England at the end of the season in a Euro 2012 qualifier.

He illustrated his keen eye for goal as he garnered a brace in the 2-2 draw to check England's progress in the group.

"Barnetta will probably not be available any more in the first of the Bundesliga season," read a statement on the club website.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7150890,00.html

Looks like it's a good job we didn't get him in as Barton's replacement!

Hindsight is Mike and Dereks favourite friend.