The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Surely Holland cannot actually go through? The most they can get is 3 points, the ammount that Denmark & Germany are already on who have both beat them, so they will finish below both on head to head no matter what the results are today?

I'm guessing i'm wrong like as the entire media is running with Holland still being in with a chance?

Awful, awful day yesterday. Lost almost half of the profit I've made this tournament.

Out of curiosity do the folk that are backing Netherlands actually fancy them or were you just tempted in by the odds?

Look at me, look at me, I'm one of the few who'd actually managed to make a profit this tournament.

Pathetic. :hmm:

Surely Holland cannot actually go through? The most they can get is 3 points, the ammount that Denmark & Germany are already on who have both beat them, so they will finish below both on head to head no matter what the results are today?

I'm guessing i'm wrong like as the entire media is running with Holland still being in with a chance?

Germany have 6. Portugal have 3. If Netherlands win, they'll be on the same as Portugal who they would have beat.

If three teams are tied it goes to GD (Denmark will have beaten Holland, Portugal will have beaten Denmark and Holland will have beaten Portugal; so it's impossible to separate them via H2H). Holland need to win by two. Basically they've got to go gung-ho, I reckon Portugal will nick it on the break against what was already a fragile, but now also massively exposed, defence.

I think they'll be encouraged by the fact that despite having nothing from 2 games, they're still in with a chance to go through.

:thup: 13/2 for Holland to finish second on 188 Bet. Really tempted to stick a bit on given the chance they have if they get their ass in gear.

Awful, awful day yesterday. Lost almost half of the profit I've made this tournament.

Out of curiosity do the folk that are backing Netherlands actually fancy them or were you just tempted in by the odds?

Look at me, look at me, I'm one of the few who'd actually managed to make a profit this tournament.

Pathetic. :hmm:

:lol:

In terms of actual winning to losing bets ration, I'm doing awfully, three really big wins have bailed me out big time.

I honestly just can't bet on Netherlands based on what I've seen so far. There's rumours the manager has lost the players as well as his tactics being absolutely woeful. Heitinga and Vlaar are playing like they're drunk while Sneijder has been the only ray of hope in a disjointed attacking unit. Their only hope is that Van Persie turned the corner toward the end of ze Joinman match but I wouldn't touch them based on that alone.

Good luck to those brave folk that do.

Was quite surprised at the amount of cash being splashed on the russians last night. There's always something not quite right about their mentality isn't there? Kinda the same as the portuguese and often the english too. Really good players but just lacking that extra mental strength.

Russia would have gone through if they left Kerzakov at home.

They would have gone through if they'd have treated the game yesterday seriously. Fwiw, the vast majority of Kerzhakov's missed chances came in the first game - the one they won comprehensively regardless.

van Persie 3-1 Holland scorecast @ 65/1

Germany/Germany & Draw/Holland double @ 16/1

Gomez 3-0 scorecast @ 40/1

Robben & Podolski anytime double @ 10/1

Gomez FGS @ 9/2

Well my 10 year old football mad nephew is like The World Cups Paul the octopus, he has guessed every score right so far... the little Gem so I thought it was about time I stuck some dosh on his predictions but I added the goal scorers.

:D

Well my 10 year old football mad nephew is like The World Cups Paul the octopus, he has guessed every score right so far... the little Gem so I thought it was about time I stuck some dosh on his predictions but I added the goal scorers.

If he gets that one right as well, how much do you want for that super-kid? :lol:

Is there anyway to get free bets? I have various dorment accounts, and I've seen a few times in this thread saying people have randomly been given free bets.

:lol: You've so missed the boat and this is where it goes tits up.

What are his predictions today? :shifty: