The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Germany & Portugal to qualify. A huge £3.

I will match your bet :thup:

Just out of interest, what odds did you get?

Potential Returns £11.92

I don't shop around for best odds or anything btw, just use Paddy Power.

Sometimes I'd love to be someone in betting like Jill. Putting some pounds here and some pounds there. Just hoping for little wins and not really caring if it won't happen in the end - yet still celebrating if it does happen.

Will get my lost Euro money back during the season and then I'll seriously think about retiring from that big-betting money business...

Germany & Portugal to qualify. A huge £3.

I will match your bet :thup:

Just out of interest, what odds did you get?

Ladbrokes are 10/3, the 'name the finalists' single pays better than the 'to qualify' double.

Sometimes I'd love to be someone in betting like Jill. Putting some pounds here and some pounds there. Just hoping for little wins and not really caring if it won't happen in the end - yet still celebrating if it does happen.

I love it. Just put the occasional tenner in my account and see where it takes me. Withdraw any decentish amounts that I win or just keep playing the following week.

Couldn't even think about spending the amounts you lot do, but then I don't have it available so it's not an option. Still love reading what other people are going for though and their reasoning behind it.

I love it. Just put the occasional tenner in my account and see where it takes me. Withdraw any decentish amounts that I win or just keep playing the following week.

Couldn't even think about spending the amounts you lot do, but then I don't have it available so it's not an option. Still love reading what other people are going for though and their reasoning behind it.

Despite having won an awfull lot during the year - pre Euro - I still somehow think that it takes too many nerves. Also, it was not the first time that I got into this thread, after I've lost a bet and posted something, about which I thought the following day "Well, that was not really myself?".

Portugal, Germany, Spain and Italy to qualify.

:pedro:

Smashing stuff Prophet - and well deserved. Hope you had a good chunk on it.

Cheers fella.

Finally broke the three figure profit mark, only have the one antepost (Germany to win the tournament at 7/2) left standing mind. To the semis...

Anyone here know anything about golf?

I'm thinking about placing a bet on Rory McIlroy to win the Irish Open as part of a 4 fold accumulator. (Nadal to win Wimbeldon, Sharapova to reach final and Spain and Germany to reach final.) But I haven't got two clues about golf.... I don't even know how a match is settled! :lol:

Anyway, these are the top odds -

The Irish Open 2012

Outright - EW 1/4 1,2,3,4,5

THU 28 JUN 10:00 PRICE

Rory McIlroy

6/1

Graeme McDowell

10/1

Padraig Harrington

11/1

Ross Fisher

16/1

Nicolas Colsaerts

20/1

Paul Lawrie

20/1

Francesco Molinari

28/1

Branden Grace

30/1

Chris Wood

33/1

Keegan Bradley

33/1

Matteo Manassero

33/1

Simon Dyson

33/1

Danny Willett

40/1

George Coetzee

40/1

Is he gonna storm it or wha'? :dontknow: :lol:

That's one post too far, your cover is definitely blown now. Miles too obvious not to be a WUM.

Is that at me?

What's so unbelievable at not being a golf fan?! :lol:

I don't think that's exactly what he meant. :lol:

That's one post too far, your cover is definitely blown now. Miles too obvious not to be a WUM.

Is that at me?

I don't think that's exactly what he meant. :lol:

What then? :lol: Don't think I'll be able to figure it out at this time of night! :lol:

Is that at me?

Who else do you think it was aimed at? :lol:

Read your post back, it sounds ridiculous for several reasons and tops some of the other questions you've asked in the past!

Is that at me?

Who else do you think it was aimed at? :lol:

Read your post back, it sounds ridiculous for several reasons and tops some of the other questions you've asked in the past!

Okay, tell me, what's so ridiculous in asking other people's opinion? Especially about a sport I haven't got two clues about?