The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Fergie, Wenger, and Bruce should have all figured out by now that my bad thoughts will destroy them if they keep benching their Korean players.

How did the lack of bad thoughts work out for Celtic?

Ki has scored 4 in 10 from central midfield so far this season, so I really don't care how Celtic are doing in their little mickey mouse league. :snod:

To be fair, my best wishes haven't exactly been of much use for both them and Hamburg :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Joe Cole seems to be doing ok with Lille, second goal of the season in a 3-1 win over Lyon last night.

Good to see an English player who's perhaps lost his way over here go abroad and try something different.

They talked briefly about him on the Guardian podcast a few weeks ago. Basically, they said he's completely embraced life in France. Eating the food, learning the language.

Its decent like, and hopefully the 'softer' league will allow him to play without getting injured.

Joe Cole seems to be doing ok with Lille, second goal of the season in a 3-1 win over Lyon last night.

Good to see an English player who's perhaps lost his way over here go abroad and try something different.

They talked briefly about him on the Guardian podcast a few weeks ago. Basically, they said he's completely embraced life in France. Eating the food, learning the language.

Its decent like, and hopefully the 'softer' league will allow him to play without getting injured.

Nothing new there then

People are still forgetting that RvP cannot physically play 38 league games in a season...

Do you think he was rested for that reason?

It was initial thought.

I was correct:

Arsene Wenger defends his decision to not start Robin van Persie against Stoke, despite the Dutchman coming off the bench to score twice and inspire the Gunners to a 3-1 win at the Emirates.

The Arsenal boss says it was a "risk" to give the striker a full 90 minutes as he needed rest, but admits his side are more "confident" when their skipper is playing.

Fair play to Fergie, he came out to face the cameras afterwards and took it on the chin. No histrionics, no locking the dressing room door for an hour whilst he tore a strip off his team.

Dealing with it in that fashion will help his team.

amazing he didn't even have the heart to attack the ref for the red card

His comments on that were quite interesting I thought, basically implying that he coaches his players to let them through as they'll just make up the expected goal deficit. Wonder if all managers think the same way or would rather the player just prevent the goal at all costs.

amazing he didn't even have the heart to attack the ref for the red card

His comments on that were quite interesting I thought, basically implying that he coaches his players to let them through as they'll just make up the expected goal deficit. Wonder if all managers think the same way or would rather the player just prevent the goal at all costs.

I think he's right, though. A player still has to beat the keeper, anyway.

Anyway, Evans was idiotic: he could have cleared the ball if he'd not been so preoccupied in fouling Balotelli.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think I'm fickle; as I don't miss Kevin Nolan at all. Though that could be due to the quality of the players we bought in, and the decent season we've had so far.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Papa Bouba Diop is still alive?

Well, he was until that guy took him out. Must have thought the same thing and panicked at the thought of a Zombie Bouba Diop.