The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Chelsea are so s****, man. Slightest bit of pressure and they fold every single time.

What, like when they faced Newcastle away, Valencia to stay in the CL and then beat Man City in about eight days?

At least wait until full-time before you come out of the woodwork :lol:

We were bloody awful against Chelsea. Pathetically bad. Valenica played poorly against them, and the City game represented a great win. So what?

You're being stupid even for you. Read your post.

Is it not on BBC or something? Is there seriously ONE game on over there?

Three games on today; one League Two, one Championship, one Premier League. :anguish:

:lol: How?!

How are we getting all the games, and you aren't?

There's rules governing the TV games. For example, you can't show the 3pm Sat kick-offs in England, whereas we always get one at 10am here (similar to the blackout principle - they don't want to jeopardise ticket sales). There are also obligations to show everyone a certain amount of times, so the money gets spread out a bit more. They will still get more of Man U and Man City, but Sky have to find space for so many Stoke games a year. I think there are also specifications on the total amount of games played (Sky buy the rights to show, say, 60 or so games a season).

It's infinitely preferable to Spain, where Barca and Real Madrid get massively more money than anyone else. If you look at our games in the US too, I think we see a little too much of, say, Liverpool. Just look at MLS, where last year, my team Columbus Crew had been in the Final the previous year yet were only scheduled to be televised once. One game. Of course, Galaxy and Red Bulls were on almost every week.

The problem is, you then get people complaining when you have Stoke v Villa on Boxing Day. You've got to have them on at some point, and Sky probably figure that people will watch anything on Boxing Day to get away from the kids/wife/Aunt Ethel. I'd much rather have a more equitable distribution of money, and have a variety of games.

Three games on today; one League Two, one Championship, one Premier League. :anguish:

There's rules governing the TV games. For example, you can't show the 3pm Sat kick-offs in England, whereas we always get one at 10am here (similar to the blackout principle - they don't want to jeopardise ticket sales). There are also obligations to show everyone a certain amount of times, so the money gets spread out a bit more. They will still get more of Man U and Man City, but Sky have to find space for so many Stoke games a year. I think there are also specifications on the total amount of games played (Sky buy the rights to show, say, 60 or so games a season).

It's infinitely preferable to Spain, where Barca and Real Madrid get massively more money than anyone else. If you look at our games in the US too, I think we see a little too much of, say, Liverpool. Just look at MLS, where last year, my team Columbus Crew had been in the Final the previous year yet were only scheduled to be televised once. One game. Of course, Galaxy and Red Bulls were on almost every week.

The problem is, you then get people complaining when you have Stoke v Villa on Boxing Day. You've got to have them on at some point, and Sky probably figure that people will watch anything on Boxing Day to get away from the kids/wife/Aunt Ethel. I'd much rather have a more equitable distribution of money, and have a variety of games.

:lol: We clearly don't give a shit about that rule.

It must be awesome to be a Man U fan in the states. they're on every week.

:lol: Outstanding post, btw.

:lol: We clearly don't give a s*** about that rule.

:lol: No, we don't give a shit here. Actually, you should understand how incredibly happy I was when I first moved here that I got a game at 7.15, then one at 10am, then another at 12.45 on Saturday. Three full games before 3pm on a Saturday? I don't think I even got out of bed that first Saturday.

Mistake there I think, taking Sturridge off and leaving Torres on..

Should stick in a transfer request on deadline day. Obviously not wanted.

:lol: We clearly don't give a s*** about that rule.

:lol: No, we don't give a shit here. Actually, you should understand how incredibly happy I was when I first moved here that I got a game at 7.15, then one at 10am, then another at 12.45 on Saturday. Three full games before 3pm on a Saturday? I don't think I even got out of bed that first Saturday.

Saturdays can be some shit if you let it get away from you. 3 games before 3pm, and then baseball or basketball comes on.

Ridiculus decision to sent Sammon off for Wigan against Man Utd.

Are you watching the game? If so, should Evans have been given a red for that challenge earlier?

Not that I can complain mind, if Liverpool and City stay as they are today then those are some cracking scores for us.

Are you watching the game? If so, should Evans have been given a red for that challenge earlier?

Not that I can complain mind, if Liverpool and City stay as they are today then those are some cracking scores for us.

Think yellow was allright for Evans. Red for Sammon though, can't get my head round that. Stupid decision.

Think yellow was allright for Evans. Red for Sammon though, can't get my head round that. Stupid decision.

Cheers.