The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

What bullshit. Of course he should be straight back into the England squad man.

He SCORED.....TWICE......for MANCHESTER UNITED. Should make the guy captain. You bitter, pathetic Geordie delusionists.

Kudos to Emery, I have never rated him much (cracking fellow, mind) but he outsmarted Pep quite clearly yesterday. Gotta say it was a bit too daring to line up 3-4-3 away against a team of Valencia's quality, but they raped us through the flanks and could easily have been 3-1 up at HT. But we regained control of the game after we switched back to 4-3-3. Fair result and a cracking game :thup:

Kudos to Emery, I have never rated him much (cracking fellow, mind) but he outsmarted Pep quite clearly yesterday. Gotta say it was a bit too daring to line up 3-4-3 away against a team of Valencia's quality, but they raped us through the flanks and could easily have been 3-1 up at HT. But we regained control of the game after we switched back to 4-3-3. Fair result and a cracking game :thup:

Do you reckon Guardiola is trying too much to change stuff for changes sake? When in fact when you play 4-3-3 you're for the most part untouchable.

He's pretty big on us not getting "stale", I agree that 433 works and we have a much better shape against good teams with it. But 3-4-3 gives a lot of options of players making runs from midfield (Cesc has been excellent on that role, for example) against teams that bunker down, so it has its uses. Just not against the likes of Valencia away.

Guest magpie99

How well did Brighton play! Thought they controlled the majority of the second half but got hit by a sucker punch.

Quite liked the look of that young lad Noone as well and thought it was quite a canny little cameo from Lua Lua too. Hope we dont sell him but bring him back to Toon next year.

I'm starting to feel strangely confident about tomorrow. Possibly because of our excellent record against Man City, or the fact we'll have pretty much no pressure on us and they'll be expected to go and win the game comfortably. We'll see.

And yes, I know they have the ability to brutally penetrate us but you never know.

I'm starting to feel strangely confident about tomorrow. Possibly because of our excellent record against Man City, or the fact we'll have pretty much no pressure on us and they'll be expected to go and win the game comfortably. We'll see.

And yes, I know they have the ability to brutally penetrate us but you never know.

At Goodison or CoM?

Get in there. :lol:

Just casting my mind back to last year. Man City unbeaten at home, we're in awful form. 2-0 up in 20 minutes. :lol:

We even went down to 10 men and we still won. You have been warned, Dinho!

Man City 5-0 Everton (Aguero 15, 26, 39, 62; Hibbert og 78)