The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Ah well.

We were as abject as I have ever seen in the first half, then pretty good for 25 minutes, then decided we'd take 1-0.

A season of uninspiring toil awaits.

Incidentally, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that Alan Hutton is fucking terrible. It's watching a fan who has got on the pitch and joined in or something.

:lol:

Warnock's just called Traore "Thick and naive" live on Sky. Unbelievable.

The guy is in full on melt down. Rambling like an utter madman!

Warnock is a pillock. There's no way he can ever get the most out of a premier league side, most of his players would lose respect for him within one week of being at the club. Self-publicising twat.

Warnock is a pillock. There's no way he can ever get the most out of a premier league side, most of his players would lose respect for him within one week of being at the club. Self-publicising t***.

Aye.

Warnock is a pillock. There's no way he can ever get the most out of a premier league side, most of his players would lose respect for him within one week of being at the club. Self-publicising twat.

Starts with the way he dresses himself during a game....

Good

(again, sorry Brummie - you're a good lad, but I don't think negative/McLeish football deserves points)

it's alright, Beren, neither do I.

Unfortunately, I've given them 600 quid to watch an entire season of it.

:( :(

:sadnod:

Well, for your sake and my niece's (also a Villain), I hope it picks up. Though less papering over the cracks, one would hope, might provide a catalyst for change in how McLeish approaches the game.

Bit optimistic to think you'll get rid of him so soon after having hired him but hopefully some pressure on him might get him to change his ways! So ultimately, a slide down the table might do you some good! [/brightsideoflife]

As for our penalty - I thought Gabby [Agbonlahor] was impeded and I was surprised none of our players appealed. As for the handballs in our box, I've not seen them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Absolutely hate it when managers do that. Stop treating us like idiots you lying twat.

QPR's equaliser was a nice bonus. I'd switched over to a different channel after 90 mins I just couldn't see them hitting the target. Not surprised it took an own goal to break the duck. Another great result for us.

As for our penalty - I thought Gabby [Agbonlahor] was impeded and I was surprised none of our players appealed. As for the handballs in our box, I've not seen them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Absolutely hate it when managers do that. Stop treating us like idiots you lying twat.

Yep. At least he could have said "I haven't seen it yet" about every penalty shout. Incredible to think that that really was a penalty....

If you're stood, at ground level, where managers stand, I honestly don't see how you can possibly see something that is happening practically on the goal line.

I've always wondered that. I've occasionally sat in the lower tier, first few rows, and you can see shit all from there, so it must be even harder for managers.

If you're stood, at ground level, where managers stand, I honestly don't see how you can possibly see something that is happening practically on the goal line.

I've always wondered that. I've occasionally sat in the lower tier, first few rows, and you can see shit all from there, so it must be even harder for managers.

I guess managers are going to stick up for their teams as much as possible, some more delusionally than others. McLeish is hardly alone in coming out with comments like that but it's just stupid. "I saw the one that benefitted us even though it wasn't a penalty, but I magically didn't see theirs." Come off it, you liar.

I didn't think the ref did that bad.

The first one was a penalty. The defender deliberately gave him a tug to stop him getting on the end of a chance. It may have been slight, but you don't have to commit GBH to make a player stumble. It was a good spot and the ref had the courage to give it. I don't see the relevance of it not being spotted by the crowd.

The third one wasn't a pen. If a cross gets blasted at a player at close quarters like that, unless the defender deliberately moves his hand, the pen shouldn't be given. If anything, too many pens get given in that situation.

The second one does look like a pen with the benefit of replays, but in real time it's hard to be sure whether the ball hits him on the hip or the arm. In all probability a mistake, but not a terrible one.

Warnock is a joke. He gave that lecture to Traore when he came off, but how can he expect his players to keep their composure when he can't. Deserves a wacking big fine and will get one.