The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

How was it not a pelanty? He took the man out and didn't get the ball. Clear pelanty in mine and Waddle's eyes.

Not doing your argument many favours there.

I'm kidding. Pelanty. Pelanty. Pelanty.

I do think it was a pen mind.

Guest bimpy474

If that happens outside of the box it gets called a free kick.  Why is there a different standard for inside the box? 

Because our refs are shit, not just any old shit, top of the range...........best shit in the world like.

i now have a pattern forming of recording MOTD just for our game, obviously not tonight but then watching the football league show. i really hate tyhe premiership but we are in it and naturally want us to do as well as possible in it.

I always slate the Football League Show but I'll miss it when it goes next year.

??? Is it moving to ITV or something?

Don't think the Beeb are renewing the contract, might have imagined that though.

Ah right.

Guest bimpy474

BBC spending money on Internet and channels no fecker watches rather than on Sport.

What a shower of shite that place is now, feckin leftie feckers taking it over.

BBC spending money on Internet and channels no fecker watches rather than on Sport.

What a shower of s**** that place is now, feckin leftie feckers taking it over.

wrong way round kidda, the market demanded that they go all "new media" and they fell for it.

Absolutely infuriates me how the BBC have merged the FLS and Coca cola cup. Give it a little bit of prestige man, FFS.

it'll be done on a shoestring man. it's budget will be similar to that of the written press's coverage of football outside the prem, particularly the perceived top 6.

I always slate the Football League Show but I'll miss it when it goes next year.

??? Is it moving to ITV or something?

Don't think the Beeb are renewing the contract, might have imagined that though.

Going to Sky. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12965536

Just the live stuff it seems:

The Football League said it was in ongoing discussions with broadcasters regarding free-to-air highlights

I wonder how long it will be until the can no longer afford the rights to MOTD?

Sky shouldn't be allowed to buy the highlights part of it. They already have pretty much all of live shows, apart from the 10 or so the BCC has, why should they be able to have the highlights as well? Highlights should be for free to air channels.

Absolutely infuriates me how the BBC have merged the FLS and Coca cola cup. Give it a little bit of prestige man, FFS.

it'll be done on a shoestring man. it's budget will be similar to that of the written press's coverage of football outside the prem, particularly the perceived top 6.

Doesn't take much to mention the cup draw on MoTD instead of treating it as a lower league competition, before I get on to the shit coverage compared to the money they'll pump into shit they cover properly.

I wonder how long it will be until the can no longer afford the rights to MOTD?

Sky shouldn't be allowed to buy the highlights part of it. They already have pretty much all of live shows, apart from the 10 or so the BCC has, why should they be able to have the highlights as well? Highlights should be for free to air channels.

I think the Premiership highlights have to be on free to air TV by law, they're in that "protected" group.