The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Norway were fucking FIRST SEEDS for the recent qualifying draw n all. Shows what a scam that is. Wales have potentially a decent and watchable team. Helped massively by Swansea coming up, will do them the world of good.

Nar, up until recently our form and results were brilliant. Beaten France, Germany and Portugal in the run-up, and the ranking is nothing but a form table. Actual ability means nothing. Once one think it does is when it starts making no sense.

Norway were fucking FIRST SEEDS for the recent qualifying draw n all. Shows what a scam that is. Wales have potentially a decent and watchable team. Helped massively by Swansea coming up, will do them the world of good.

Nar, up until recently our form and results were brilliant. Beaten France, Germany and Portugal in the run-up, and the ranking is nothing but a form table. Actual ability means nothing. Once one think it does is when it starts making no sense.

I know and that's why it's a joke seedings are done via it. Should be done on past performance in said competitions IMO.

I know and that's why it's a joke seedings are done via it. Should be done on past performance in said competitions IMO.

I both agree and disagree. In one way I want to see the "traditional" teams at a championship, but at the same time I want some "fresh" in-form teams with a good generation. Though, admittedly, from the time of the draw to the tourney the entire team could have new players.

In short the seeding system isn't, IMO, too flawed. Obviously could be improved though, but there's other things I'd want sorted before it.

Guest Minusmensch

anyone else hate Gareth Bale's heart celebration?

Oh yeah. By far the most lame celebration I can think of. Reminds me of a 12 year old girl.

Croatia/Serbia/Belgium/Scotland/Macedonia/Wales is a superb group. Any of them could qualify and the bottom seeds Wales are in great form.

Croatia/Serbia/Belgium/Scotland/Macedonia/Wales is a superb group. Any of them could qualify and the bottom seeds Wales are in great form.

One of the most evenly balanced groups in ages. Plus Croatia/Serbia and Scotland/Wales are tasty affairs.