Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I wasn't at the game on Wednesday but my mate who was suggested that Colo made both tackles (needless tackles - to quote my mate) that gave Blackburn the two free kicks they scored from (3rd and 4th).

On top of him missing the sitter v Spurs (that he should have laid to Cabaye - greedy twat) he hasn't had a particularly good last 180 minutes. A better less selfish decision could have won us the game.

Other than that he's had a canny season. Bit soft for another goal which I can't remember .... Villa?

Guest Haris Vuckic

If Liverpool were playing at the back of my garden I'd sneak down and t*** Kenny Dalglish on the head with a spade.

If they are looking at Coloccini then his contract situation won't matter. New deal, old deal, if the money is there then he'll go.

Absolutely want him to stay as he's one of the best defenders I've seen in black and white. Love him but I know the realities of the situation.

I can't be arsed going through this s*** again

This, but we're going to have to. Coloccini in Jan, Tiote in the summer, Cabaye and Krul next year, HBA at some point too.

Then we'll sign better players for less and still be above them :fwap:

:thup:

I can't be arsed going through this shit again

This, but we're going to have to. Coloccini in Jan, Tiote in the summer, Cabaye and Krul next year, HBA at some point too.

Probably a bit dramatic but there's no doubt that picking players up cheaply and hoping they improve beyond every other club's expectations is a risky strategy. Seems to be working well at the moment but it's going to be an increasingly difficult cycle to keep up IMO.

If he's negotiating a new contract couldn't it be agent led?

I've heard nothing down here from the local press or so called itk's.  Cahill is still on the radar, but I'd have thought Colloccini a bit old for the present regime.

We also have Coates, Kelly and Agger with Wisdom coming through. 

I've been impressed with Coates, he's made a few mistakes but he doesn't let them bother him, and his style is more in the Agger mode which is great.

Guest Roger Kint

Cahill would be the better deal for Liverpool. probably the same price in January as he is free in the summer and is the right age to go on for a fair few years. Plus he would surely prefer there to Arsenal.

I can't be arsed going through this shit again

Feeder club...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/30/reds-boss-doesn-t-want-toon-skipper-79310-29685367/

Liverpool don't want Toon skipper Coloccini

Oct 30 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE skipper Fabricio Coloccini is NOT a Liverpool target, the Sunday Sun understands.

Reports in midweek newspapers that the Reds were looking at the Argentina defender were sparked by the presence of a Liverpool scout at St James’ Park for the defeat of Wigan.

And while Coloccini’s excellent form has been noted at Anfield – it could hardly have passed any diligent scouting team by – he is not a player that Kenny Dalglish wants.

Coloccini currently earns an estimated £4.2million a year – more than any Liverpool defender – and at 29 does not fit in with the long-term planning blueprint of the Anfield club.

No doubt that should soothe the fears of Newcastle fans concerned about Coloccini’s future.

Newcastle have offered him a contract and while the initial indications were that it could be concluded quickly, the two parties are still trying to thrash out a new deal.

The defender is happy at St James’ Park and with relations between dressing room and boardroom having improved of late, there is a determination to strike a deal for a key player.