Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

At their best Woodgate was easily better. Woodgate's best didn't last very long admittedly, but he was the best defender I've seen at the club by some distance.

aye me too, Colo is still prone to be caught out on the turn more than Woodgate ever was and Woodgate was better with more physical strikers, love Colo mind hope he signs on

I would agree that Woodgate when he was fit is the best defender I've seen at the club. Colo's been superb but he still has the odd game where he makes a gaffe. Overall though Colo has been the better player for us by a mile simply in his consistency and monumental fitness record.

If Woodgate played as many games as Colo, he would probably have made the odd mistake as well. Woodgate was better in the air, while Colo is better on the ball. Other than that, they don´t have any stand out abilities the other doesn´t have. IMO.

Colo is my favorite player in the team. Brilliant player, and looks to thrive as captain.

aye me too, Colo is still prone to be caught out on the turn more than Woodgate ever was and Woodgate was better with more physical strikers, love Colo mind hope he signs on

Woodgate made mistakes when he was here, Coloccini is bound to make more as he plays more games.  Coloccini has played as many games in any 1 season than Woodgate did in his 2 seasons here.  I remember Woodgate dropping bollocks but they were 7 or 8 seasons ago so I can't say that he did X in game Y. 

Woodgate made mistakes when he was here, Coloccini is bound to make more as he plays more games.  Coloccini has played as many games in any 1 season than Woodgate did in his 2 seasons here.  I remember Woodgate dropping bollocks but they were 7 or 8 seasons ago so I can't say that he did X in game Y.  

aye it was a long time ago and i also remember woodgate making mistakes, however i also remember he virtually never made them in the wrong areas ala bramble - that's what made him stand out, well one of the things

colo was making those mistakes when he first came, bramble-esque, but he seems to have mostly cut them out

good stuff :thup:

Isolated, Woodgate is the best defender I've ever seen in black and white..Together with King probably the two best defenders in the history of PL..Too bad injuries halted their careers. Colo is better with the ball, but Woodgate is unbeatable in the air and physically tougher in the duels. And his positioning play was perfect, although Colo is getting better and better in that area too..But overall, Colo is the man..His stability and the fact that he's never injured in invaluable..

Isolated, Woodgate is the best defender I've ever seen in black and white..Together with King probably the two best defenders in the history of PL..Too bad injuries halted their careers. Colo is better with the ball, but Woodgate is unbeatable in the air and physically tougher in the duels. And his positioning play was perfect, although Colo is getting better and better in that area too..But overall, Colo is the man..His stability and the fact that he's never injured in invaluable..

Stop right there.

Stop right there.

:spit:

:lol:  Bad formulation: They COULD have been the best PL defenders in the history of PL. But injuries have ruined their careers..Woodgate was only 23 years old when he played for us, and already a complete stopper..King did almost not touch a ball last season (swimming his preferred activity) before he went out and totally eliminated Suarez in their away match against Liverpool. I really don't think Ferdinand, Vidic or Terry would have been capable of doing that..So if only look at potential and talent, they are probably best I've seen in Pl..