Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

:lol:  Bad formulation: They COULD have been the best PL defenders in the history of PL. But injuries have ruined their careers..Woodgate was only 23 years old when he played for us, and already a complete stopper..King did almost not touch a ball last season (swimming his preferred activity) before he went out and totally eliminated Suarez in their away match against Liverpool. I really don't think Ferdinand, Vidic or Terry would have been capable of doing that..So if only look at potential and talent, they are probably best I've seen in Pl..

This actually makes sense O0

I see what you're saying though.

On the subject of English centre-backs - Wes Brown put in a very commendable performance yesterday by the looks of it. Chortled at the signing at first, but could actually be quite astute at £1m, especially if yesterday is anything to go by.

Guest Chubby Jason

On the subject of English centre-backs - Wes Brown put in a very commendable performance yesterday by the looks of it. Chortled at the signing at first, but could actually be quite astute at £1m, especially if yesterday is anything to go by.

I would go as far as to say that Wes Brown is the greatest footballer of the past 50 years.

He may only have cost £1m but they've thrown him a 4 year deal on about £50k a week from what I can gather. He's 31 now...

Seemed like a good debut from the bits and pieces I did see though.

:lol:  Bad formulation: They COULD have been the best PL defenders in the history of PL. But injuries have ruined their careers..Woodgate was only 23 years old when he played for us, and already a complete stopper..King did almost not touch a ball last season (swimming his preferred activity) before he went out and totally eliminated Suarez in their away match against Liverpool. I really don't think Ferdinand, Vidic or Terry would have been capable of doing that..So if only look at potential and talent, they are probably best I've seen in Pl..

Just stop it. Ferdinand and Terry have got the better of far better players than Luis Suarez ffs.

Taylor did bail coloccini out on two occasions though. Think Taylor is going to flourish alongside colo this season. I'm really in a twist whether I want a more defensive minded LB or an offensive minded one. As we got many canny players up front I think a defensive minded one could be just aswell as when we are in forward positions he just has to recieve the backpass from the winger to whip the ball inn. Other then that we just be capable of getting close to their goal in numerous other ways.