Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

This is all a bit mental but we should never have to rely on a single player so much really. Granted he's the captain and our best player really but we should always have someone else to step in, if anything goes tits up for a player.

I don't foresee us getting another CB really so we'll have to struggle with Mike and Saylor, fitness depending.

Ugh, just want this window closed now so we can put the rumours to bed, get to work with our quality new additions and hopefully climb the table.

At this point, clearly precedent is out the f*cking window:

‘Colo, you have to stay. The people love you, the city is nice, the club want you. Sometimes it is not about the money you are paid, it is about the love of the people.”

Whatevers happened in Cramlington (!) papa coloccini changed his tune pretty sharpish

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/03/11/fabricio-coloccini-persuaded-to-stay-at-nufc-by-dad-79310-30505998/

This is all a bit mental but we should never have to rely on a single player so much really. Granted he's the captain and our best player really but we should always have someone else to step in, if anything goes tits up for a player.

I don't foresee us getting another CB really so we'll have to struggle with Mike and Saylor, fitness depending.

Ugh, just want this window closed now so we can put the rumours to bed, get to work with our quality new additions and hopefully climb the table.

You've already forgotten about Yanga-Mbiwa? :(

He's shit Marra, haven't picked up a single point since he's joined.

No we just remembered Taylor (can't stay fit) & Williamson (can't play football)

Somebody on my timeline just bumped this

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11843_3881912,00.html

Precedent.

Nah, talks of Article 17 and it seems it doesn't apply to Colo, now.

Article 17

Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation. Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years. Article 17 was introduced in December 2004, with effect from 1 July 2005.[12]

He too would need to cough up the cash for the remainder of the contract IIRC.

Meant to add 'in partnership with', oops. I just hope Mbiwa can cover for the inevitable Mike fuck-ups, like Colo used to.

No we just remembered Taylor (can't stay fit) & Williamson (can't play football)

Hopefully he can till May, because we are not going to buy another CB in this window that is pretty certain.

I don't know what his problems are. If it is that bad, perhaps we could give a him a short home leave. But for the captain to walk out on us whilst we're in the middle of a relegation dogfight would put him in the same bracket as Owen! If he doesn't come clean with his problems, he'll lose the respect of many.

The fact that his issues still remain shrouded in secrecy would suggest to me that hes definitely got some bird pregnant like, I seriously doubt its anything other than something along those lines and if it is he should be ashamed of himself.

If this is all true and he really is refusing to play for us then hes absolutely lost my total respect, would have went down as a club hero when he finally retired but now all he will be remembered for is being a coward, and the man who inflicted more Williamson appearances upon us.

I don't know what his problems are. If it is that bad, perhaps we could give a him a short home leave. But for the captain to walk out on us whilst we're in the middle of a relegation dogfight would put him in the same bracket as Owen! If he doesn't come clean with his problems, he'll lose the respect of many.

Brutal to think he'd fall that low that fast, and yet...  :(

Of course they're bollocks, man :lol:

Has anyone met this Crammy lass? No. Are we really to believe that if this lass does exist she's happily watch the rich father of her child f*** off to the other side of the world and not go to the press to earn herself a bit of cash?

Someone was showing pictures on his phone the other day claiming they were of the lass, chinese whispers on a grand scale  :lol: Or there could be truth in it  :mystery:

Either way I find it hard to believe if there was a serious illness the club would not have just came out and said that was the case. Sounds like he can either sort out a sensible fee for someone to buy him or lump it as far as i'm concerned. I know it is a cliché but he gets paid 60odd grand a week ffs.

I got told he'd got a 14, 17 and 18 year old lass from Crammy up the duff in the space of about 2 hours the other day. It's bollocks.

If he's got 3 different teenage birds from Cramlington up the duff then this really is a serious situation.

She worked in For Your Eyes Only so safe to say she is of legal age...

It's clear to me (and this has been confirmed by a bloke from Blyth who delivers borehole accessories to the training ground) that Danny Simpson is the secret lovechild of Colo and Willo and Colo is so upset that we're letting him leave that he's decided to go and farm armadillos in Argentina.

You heard it here first.

Guest neesy111

He hasn't got anyone pregnant for f***'s sake, have a word.

Just as much chance of that as anything else tbh, would also explain the secrecy.

There could be 10's of reasons to keep it all secret.

If it were truly family-related, seems to me speaking publicly would make the most sense.  People would sympathise to some extent.  His silence is rather telling.

So, either the rumours are true or there was an extraordinary falling-out with the manager, far exceeding anything normal. 

I can't imagine any scenario, including health issues, that would necessitate immediate retirement from football and a move back home, all in the space of a few weeks.

Guest strongbow69

as caulkin said , the club wanted to make a statement but couldnt due to possible legal ramifications. That would hold up with the  up the duff shennanigans?, also if it was an illness would pardew really say he,s worked with players who have had worse going on  like gambling addiction and death in the family?surely not . need agatha christie on this

Guest neesy111

If he decides to call time on his career, realistically what can NUFC do?

Nowt.

And if a few weeks/months down the line he chances his mind and signs for San Lorenzo?

Can't.  We hold his registration under FIFA rules.  Retiring midway through contract doesn't cancel registration.