Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Ben Arfa went to France loads.

For specific treatment at Clairefontaine if memory serves, and he was not the club captain. Any others?

:lol: Right you said "disregarding the club captain angle" and then bring it back up?

Fair enough? Any others?

Can't think of any others, what worries me though is the fact that we've allowed players to do this. I don't know, I just think it would be better for players to hang around the club that pays their wage, lend support to their team mates and generally just seem interested. Just my take on it.

I wasn't happy with Ben Arfa going back either tbh.

I think a captain does a lot more than some clearly but like last season I'm not overly enamored with him buggering off as soon as he gets an injury.

As others have mentioned we have players still settling in to a new league and youngsters breaking through. As someone who struggled a little when trying to adapt but then going on to be our captain and one of the best defenders in the league you would think Colo would be the perfect person to have around for advice and support. I don't believe it's 'just an armband' and I don't believe anyone else does really. If one of the more unfancied players was given it full time I'm sure a stink would be kicked up anyway.

As much as I love Colo and see him as one of the best CB's we have ever had I am starting to wish he had fkd off so we could have replaced him.

Long term injury pop home yeah ok maybe but after all the shit it caused last season and it being Derby weekend feels like he doesn't give a shit.

He SHOULD be in the dugout as club Captain supporting the squad, he can piss off home after the match.

The criticism of Coloccini is way over the top.

Imagine what you had to say if Pardew decided he couldn't be bothered to turn up for the most important fixture of the season. Mind, you'd probably be ecstatic and think we'd be better off with the players managing themselves.. :lol:

The correct comparison would be if Pardew had suffered some sort of temporary serious brain injury and was unable to impart any of his tactical and motivational knowledge upon the players. There would be no requirement for him to turn up in this case. Coloccini is paid to football. Right now, he cannot football.

Even most of this nonsense about him fulfilling some captain role is strange to me. There is not one tangible increased responsibility that comes with the armband.

Well, it appears we couldn't disagree more.

The correct comparison would be if Pardew had refused to do what he was paid to do before, and left the squad of players he is supposed to manage to their own devices for no other reason than personal interest.

You mean like Cabaye at the start of the season? Yet I'll wager you'll be happy enough for him to be starting against Sunderland this weekend despite refusing to play while perfectly fit.

I have no idea what you're on about. I haven't suggested I don't want to see Colo in our shirt again, quite the opposite. Quite how that purpose is served by him f***ing off to the other side of the globe in the build up to playing our fiercest rivals I will never know, but maybe you can enlighten me.

He's injured. He's foreign and homesick. I'd love to hear how you would have handled it better.

It's not about how the club handled the situation, it's about the fact that Colo, as a senior member of this squad, and the club captain no less, would rather go home than to stay at the club to work on his comeback and offer encouragement and  advice to his team mates. After what happened last January it just reeks of lack of commitment to the cause again.

Oh, and disregarding the captain angle, how often do foreign players who are injured get to spend a couple of weeks in their home country rather than at the club that employs them? I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's that common.

He's injured anyway, and we know he's had family issues at home. If he spends some time back in Argentina and hopefully comes back refreshed and motivated would that not be a better outcome than keeping him here to represent the armband?

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho 4s

Some surprise team news from Alan Pardew at #NUFC - Fabricio Coloccini has a chance of making the derby. "He's had a really good week."

Too bad. Liked this thread when he was out forever, a bad captain and should be replaced.

How's that humble pie chaps?

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 3m

Says "if he's ready got no hesitation about putting him in." If not Safc game then, Mcfc or Chelsea. "Colo has had really good week." #Nufc

Pardew says Coloccini "not too far" from fitness after returning from treatment in Argentina. Not been training with group but close. #Nufc

Some surprise team news from Alan Pardew at #NUFC - Fabricio Coloccini has a chance of making the derby. "He's had a really good week."

Too bad. Liked this thread when he was out forever, a bad captain and should be replaced.

Unfortunately it's between Boca Juniors and River Plate.

Says "if he's ready got no hesitation about putting him in." If not Safc game then, Mcfc or Chelsea. "Colo has had really good week." #Nufc

Pardew says Coloccini "not too far" from fitness after returning from treatment in Argentina. Not been training with group but close. #Nufc

:lol:

Get in! Bring back Williccini

Some of the things said were utterly ridiculous anyway.