Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Petty as fuck, that. And about as relevant as Shawcross getting 'merked' by a great striker in one game.

Conveniently ignore the main point but I'm bored so I'll reply...

He played a game against a top stiker, was left open and got utterly embarrassed because he is limited when he wasn't protected - as well you knew I meant. You'll note Stoke have shipped loads of goals this season for the same reason - even more than our collection of jokers who aside from Taylor are only worthy of criticism from yourself despite Shawcross' fine marshalling.

If you think he "certainly wouldn't cost the earth for a CB who'd be equally valuable." (to replace Coloccini) you must be dafter than I give you credit for.

I'll ignore the absurd Taylor comment, but nice try. I've already conceded more than once that Shawcross is out of our price range.

I'm not even going to touch the fact that Stoke have shipped goals under Mark Hughes. Man City were conceding 3 at home to the likes of Burnley, Bolton and Sunderland with that idiot in charge.

Lovely shoving of words in to the mouth, well played.

My agenda is

He's a slight better version of Williamson given that he is a bit more aggressive but would cost the best part of £10m. He was protected by Pulis' ultra neg style, he's been poor this season and was merked by Zlatan for England.

and

He played a game against a top stiker, was left open and got utterly embarrassed because he is limited when he wasn't protected - as well you knew I meant. You'll note Stoke have shipped loads of goals this season for the same reason, despite Shawcross' fine marshalling.

You seem to think he's a good player, I don't.

Saying that if someone knew about agendas it would be...

I'm with Disco here tbf, never been very impressed by Shawcross and for the price that have been mentioned about him I wouldn't get close to him either. But then again, I don't watch Stoke v Hull, Stoke v Cardiff and so on, so what would I know.

He's better than what we have and i would like him but he would cost too much.

Never going to happen so not much point in discussing it, saying that... we got 8 pages worth of bullshit in the Glenn Hoddle for DOF thread so anything is possible :lol:

Never left stoke for anyone better.  All he's got going for him is he's a bit of a prick who'll put in a heavy tackle. Wouldn't want him anywhere near us personally. The very definition of average. And I'm not a fan of players who snap other players legs. I hate stoke and certainly don't want anyone they rate playing for us

That's just ridiculous  :lol:

Never left stoke for anyone better.  All he's got going for him is he's a bit of a prick who'll put in a heavy tackle. Wouldn't want him anywhere near us personally. The very definition of average. And I'm not a fan of players who snap other players legs. I hate stoke and certainly don't want anyone they rate playing for us

That's just ridiculous  :lol:

:lol: you seen their squad? They like Jon Walters FFS! They aren't exactly know for having anyone remotely decent

Their keeper is highly regarded. I'm not saying they have players all over the shop but if Stoke rate a player doesn't mean to say i wouldn't take them. Huddlestone could have quite easily been playing for them had he not failed a medical and i'm a fan of his for example.

Colo has regressed the past two or three years.  However on his day he can produce fab performances as yesterday. And we look far better with him in the side.

2-3 years? It's only 2 yars ago he was in team of the season for the PL is it not?

:lol: :thup:

Colo has regressed the past two or three years.  However on his day he can produce fab performances as yesterday. And we look far better with him in the side.

2-3 years? It's only 2 yars ago he was in team of the season for the PL is it not?

So? The season we came up was his best season for us in MY opinion so the 2-3 years after that in MY opinion he wasn't as good as the previous so in MY opinion he has regressed.

He was crap for most of last season but lets not re-write history. People do the same with Tiote.

Yet was still phenomenal in the derby the match, haven't got a single point since without him.

He had that great game then was dog shit till he was injured and all that personal stuff came about. Then he was tremendous on return from injury and for me was absolutely vital in our survival bid.

So? The season we came up was his best season for us in MY opinion so the 2-3 years after that in MY opinion he wasn't as good as the previous so in MY opinion he has regressed.

Wat? :lol:

I don't get Igcognito's point, it's a load of shit. If you’re a class above a level of course you're going to stand out more. If you take that form to a higher level it's not going to be as consistently as good because of the opposition but you can still have a great season, doesn't mean to say you've regressed. Laughable comment.

He was voted in the best PL team for our 2nd season up when we finished 5th!