Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

There was actually a time on here when I was the only one defending him. He got lots of nonsense in the WBA 09/10 (a) thread after Lawrenson and Shearer talked their usual studio nonsense.

Nah, no way.

With Colo, i thought you had your section who couldn't stand him and wanted him gone when we went down, majority though could still see he was a class act and needed more time.

The majority wanted him out if the team full stop in the early days in the Championship. If you dared to call him a good defender on here you got heckled.

There was actually a time on here when I was the only one defending him. He got lots of nonsense in the WBA 09/10 (a) thread after Lawrenson and Shearer talked their usual studio nonsense.

Nah, no way.

With Colo, i thought you had your section who couldn't stand him and wanted him gone when we went down, majority though could still see he was a class act and needed more time.

The majority wanted him out if the team full stop in the early days in the Championship. If you dared to call him a good defender on here you got heckled.

Can't say it surprises me on this forum, like :lol:

Not just here, like. I remember going to SJP for the Sheff Wed game early in that season. The abuse for Colo every time he got near the ball was ridiculous.

Yeah yeah, there was definitely a section of them. Fans seem to go through phases of hate for different players. Santon is the current one who is coming under increased pressure and abuse when he makes a mistake, so needless.

I was high on Colo when he signed, hated him & every player who played for Newcastle when we got relegated; fell back in love with his style of play in the Championship and he literally could do no wrong in my eyes until he tried to force out that move 1/2 a year after signing a new long term deal that I celebrated and thought was a real coup for our club. He rightfully deserves criticism for seemingly jetting off home whilst being hurt, esp when he's our club captain, and if he seemingly is the glue that holds the squad together - then he should be in and around the training room/dressing room/substitutes bench being that leader. We always look so calm when he's in the team and I'll likely not see a more calm, assured and classy CB playing for Newcastle in some time (hopefully MYM shatters that statement for us).

But anyway, I'll hold my hands up, I wanted him sat for rest of season when we got relegated as I was bitter scared of going down, everyone being sold, and never coming back up. Fair reaction, honestly.

Only because you go against the general opinion to wind people up, not because you actually rated him.

Only because you go against the general opinion to wind people up, not because you actually rated him.

Shots fired!!

:spit: Ron's going to be livid with a comment like that, especially coming from Stifler  :lol:

He was piss poor in the relegation season but with all of the shite Ashley caused it's really no wonder. I recall labelling him gutless after the Villa game where he was in my eyes , shocking. But in the Keegan games you could see what a good player he was.  He had an excellent debut at Old Trafford. And of course he was way too good for the Championship.

http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

Shots fired!!

:lol: :icon_salut:

He was p*ss poor in the relegation season but with all of the s**** Ashley caused it's really no wonder. I recall labelling him gutless after the Villa game where he was in my eyes , shocking. But in the Keegan games you could see what a good player he was.  He had an excellent debut at Old Trafford. And of course he was way too good for the Championship.

Spot on there.  He was awful in the relegation season and didn't look capable of adapting at all.

Picked himself up well after that season and the year in the Championship really helped him in terms of getting used to England and endearing himself to the fans.

He was p*ss poor in the relegation season but with all of the s**** Ashley caused it's really no wonder. I recall labelling him gutless after the Villa game where he was in my eyes , shocking. But in the Keegan games you could see what a good player he was.  He had an excellent debut at Old Trafford. And of course he was way too good for the Championship.

Spot on there.  He was awful in the relegation season and didn't look capable of adapting at all.

He wasn't awful at all. He was horribly exposed by the Kev and Nicky masterclass going on in the centre of the park in front of him every week.

Aye. I suppose I was winding people up when I waxed lyrical about him before he signed, even encouraging my dad to be his kit sponsor. :lol:

He wasn't awful at all. He was horribly exposed by the Kev and Nicky masterclass going on in the centre of the park in front of him every week.

There was that to factor in too, you're quite right. And of course the third stooge, Smudger.

Wonder if we can keep the shaggy-haired one beyond this season?

Can't see it unfortunately.

I can't see why not anymore. His dad got sacked from the club he wanted to sign for which is what I think was his main motivation to leave.

Oooooh the halo effect.

Wonder if we can keep the shaggy-haired one beyond this season?

Can't see it unfortunately.

I can't see why not anymore. His dad got sacked from the club he wanted to sign for which is what I think was his main motivation to leave.

.....and although of course he'll never be hungry again, the current calamitous state of the Argentine economy probably means that most wealthy people are looking to get out of, not back in to the place....

He said he's going to see out his contract and I can't see any reason not to believe him.  Well, apart for Golfmag saying that we've already signed his replacement when he was cross and pissed the other week.