Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Even if Hatem is an arsehole, so what? Loads of talented players are and any sensible (or in our case, desperate) manager still plays them because football is entirely about the 90 mins on a Saturday afternoon. By all accounts SBR had some horrible wankers playing under him yet he still played them and got the most out of them when it mattered.

Even if Hatem is an arsehole, so what? Loads of talented players are and any sensible (or in our case, desperate) manager still plays them because football is entirely about the 90 mins on a Saturday afternoon. By all accounts SBR had some horrible wankers playing under him yet he still played them and got the most out of them when it mattered.

Bellamy prime example. Real managers know how to handle these types of players.

Even if Hatem is an arsehole, so what? Loads of talented players are and any sensible (or in our case, desperate) manager still plays them because football is entirely about the 90 mins on a Saturday afternoon. By all accounts SBR had some horrible w*****s playing under him yet he still played them and got the most out of them when it mattered.

Suarez, case and point, rat faced shit heel, but he is class.

On the case of Coloccini I'll believe what I read when I see some direct quotes, has fallen massively from grace when he shit on us when we needed him most, hasn't been the same player since. However I still believe he has something about him and don't believe a player who was so well respected in his prime would so easily tow the Pardy line.

Has he gone to the owner and MD about fears of ambition and recruitment? I hope so. Has he gone to back Pardew and slate HBA? I've seen no quotes either way so I don't know the answer to either tbh. Yes he's our captain and he should be more vocal, is he allowed to be? Ashley, as we know, doesn't like players doing interviews unless it lines his pocket. Are the things he wants to say contradictory to his position? Maybe that why he doesn't talk? Better to stay quiet than say the wrong things, Pardew gets enough vitriol from us for that.

He has no need to tow the Pardew line, does anyone really think he is fighting for his place? :lol: He's spent the last couple of years trying to fuck off, being "Marveaux'd" would have been ideal for him.

It would never happen but I would to see the reaction if Keegan slagged off Ben Arfa.

Players are dropping like flies with their opinions/actions towards the lad recently.

Unpopular but Ben Arfa's problems clearly stretch farther than just Pardew. Disappointing.

That's the point I was trying to make. I seem to remember some of the players questioning his professionalism not long ago. Also, he was getting slated on here about his size when he came back from injury. There is no excuse for the state he was in and it was down to him.

That said, Pardew still messed up with his man-management of him and if HBA is going to go against the club then we may as well milk that for all it's worth. I'm just a bit uneasy with his near canonisation on here.

It would never happen but I would to see the reaction if Keegan slagged off Ben Arfa.

Players are dropping like flies with their opinions/actions towards the lad recently.

Unpopular but Ben Arfa's problems clearly stretch farther than just Pardew. Disappointing.

That's the point I was trying to make. I seem to remember some of the players questioning his professionalism not long ago. Also, he was getting slated on here about his size when he came back from injury. There is no excuse for the state he was in and it was down to him.

That said, Pardew still messed up with his man-management of him and if HBA is going to go against the club then we may as well milk that for all it's worth. I'm just a bit uneasy with his near canonisation on here.

I believe one needs two miracles to be canonized. I'd venture that his goals against Blackburn and Bolton are as close to hair-raising miracles as we would likely see in our time on Earth.

We don't know anything for a fact. The one thing we can actually speculate about is that most probably our squad isn't enjoying their football, at all. They can't be enjoying the way we play, or the defeats, and the manner they have come in. Negativity in the squad will lead to squabbles and finger pointing, especially when that squad is led by an impostor like Pardew. We don't have a clear and defined project or philosophy governing our actions as a club, or the football we play. Selling a significant member of the team without replacing him will also add to that. At the same time, AP doesn't select his starting line-ups based on footballing merit or form, but rather on good behaviour it seems. The inconsistency in his selection and subsequent dropping of HBA/Marveaux/Cisse/MYM doesn't make sense when you see him desperately stick with out-of-form Gouffran, Ameobi, Coloccini or Sissoko (at one time).

Ultimately it is Pardew's responsibility to manage the dressing room be that directly or through his club captain Coloccini, and he has clearly failed miserably in doing that.

How ridiculous is it that this shit is being discussed? Run the club the right way, hire the right bloke and you avoid all this fucking nonsense. Such poisonous circumstances.

Yep that's it exactly.

Guest antz1uk

We don't know anything for a fact. The one thing we can actually speculate about is that most probably our squad isn't enjoying their football, at all. They can't be enjoying the way we play, or the defeats, and the manner they have come in. Negativity in the squad will lead to squabbles and finger pointing, especially when that squad is led by an impostor like Pardew. We don't have a clear and defined project or philosophy governing our actions as a club, or the football we play. Selling a significant member of the team without replacing him will also add to that. At the same time, AP doesn't select his starting line-ups based on footballing merit or form, but rather on good behaviour it seems. The inconsistency in his selection and subsequent dropping of HBA/Marveaux/Cisse/MYM doesn't make sense when you see him desperately stick with out-of-form Gouffran, Ameobi, Coloccini or Sissoko (at one time).

Ultimately it is Pardew's responsibility to manage the dressing room be that directly or through his club captain Coloccini, and he has clearly failed miserably in doing that.

spot on!!  O0

spot on!!  O0

Yep, superbly put, and also introduced the term "imposter" which dovetails nicely with previous descriptions fraud and charlatan. Excellent work :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For me its either him or MYM, and I prefer MYM - and a new LB and CB partnered next to either. A player of the quality of Janmaat on the left would be nice. I like Santon but he's hurt and Haidara has a lot to learn to develop, imo.

Still love the bloke and think he can still be class in a settled back line that isn't constantly under the cosh.

Totally agree!

Decent point from tf's match report;

"Colo was excellent. Sociadad aren’t Man City but I believe rumours of his decline to be premature.  This is a bloke rushed back from a serious injury last season (probably to try and make the Argentinian WC squad) and fell below his usual high standards. He’ll be fine and on the evidence of pre-season"

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/pre-season-friendly-newcastle-united-v-real-sociedad-st-james-park-ko-130pm10aug/

I'm not even going to waste my time beyond saying he's looked exactly what he is this pre-season: classy on the ball and good at making awkward interceptions look easy. Anything that involves physicality and he's an embarrassment. Obviously the bloke who wrote that didn't watch him against Huddersfield or Malaga.

I'm not even going to waste my time beyond saying he's looked exactly what he is this pre-season: classy on the ball and good at making awkward interceptions look easy. Anything that involves physicality and he's an embarrassment. Obviously the bloke who wrote that didn't watch him against Huddersfield or Malaga.

I think thats fair enough, still reads the game very well generally. I like him.