Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest firetotheworks

I'll keep saying. If you are half or remotely at fault for the 2 goals that led to our ZERO points you didn't play well. FFS.

The first goal was a nice bit of skill by Dzeko, you have to give him some credit for that. The second Aguero got a nice rebound. You could argue Colo should have done better but they were hardly glaring errors.

He's always been prone to covering for other people and leaving space where he should be. I remember him doing that in the 2-1 against Villa in 11/12 and that was when he was at around his peak for us. It's an honest mistake when you have Williamson alongside you, but that doesn't mean you should ignore it as a mistake.

Aye, it's as simple as that, like. Krul should've ensured his save from close range went neatly out for a corner.

Honestly, what is it that you are expecting from a CB in that situation against Aguero? Stevie Taylor superslide? He forced him to his weaker foot and a tight angle. Krul has no business directing that weak shot back to Aguero's foot.

Aye, it's as simple as that, like. Krul should've ensured his save from close range went neatly out for a corner.

Honestly, what is it that you are expecting from a CB in that situation against Aguero? Stevie Taylor superslide? He forced him to his weaker foot and a tight angle. Krul has no business directing that weak shot back to Aguero's foot.

I thought that Aguero took his goal brilliantly, he had no right to score but did and sometimes you just have to accept that it was a good goal.

His 2 bad moments in the match were the 2 goals, really getting sucked in to Dzecko for the first and leaving so much space behind him was naive in the extreme, the second, you've really got to anticipate that ball coming back to Aguero and do everything in your power to stop him from getting it. He had an important block from a dangerous move from Jovetic though in the 2nd half but you get judged as a CB on those 2 goals you conceded.

The problem we have though is there are simply no effective options to the Colo/Willo partnership, and that's shocking really, both MYM and Saylor have themselves to blame for not showing anything to show they deserve to be in the team ahead of those two. We need to buy, but we won't unless we can move one or more of the 4 senior CBs, whom I would be wouldn't lose any sleep over any of them being sold.

His 2 bad moments in the match were the 2 goals, really getting sucked in to Dzecko for the first and leaving so much space behind him was naive in the extreme, the second, you've really got to anticipate that ball coming back to Aguero and do everything in your power to stop him from getting it. He had an important block from a dangerous move from Jovetic though in the 2nd half but you get judged as a CB on those 2 goals you conceded.

The problem we have though is there are simply no effective options to the Colo/Willo partnership, and that's shocking really, both MYM and Saylor have themselves to blame for not showing anything to show they deserve to be in the team ahead of those two. We need to buy, but we won't unless we can move one or more of the 4 senior CBs, whom I would be wouldn't lose any sleep over any of them being sold.

:thup:

Colo got sucked in on the first goal but I can't believe no one is mentioning Janmaat and Anita on that play. Janmaat was totally asleep while Anita had a jogging contest with the ref which he lost. He was on same level with Jovetic and Silva when the ball was played to Dzeko, yet nowhere to be seen when Silva scored.

This is a good one, it's Krul's fault for saving a shot that occurred because Coloccini is slower than molasses.

He gets outpaced by everyone, that's the problem. He's made Rickie Lambert and Edin Dzeko look like the Brazilian Ronaldo this year.

I keep seeing you declare he's finished, but fact is he's never been quick. He's picked more for his reading of the game and because he's a good tackler on the floor. Him and Enrique were a fantastic defensive pair down the left. I don't like Pardew but when he said we defended well today he wasn't wrong. They scored twice but it took some skill to do it.

This is a good one, it's Krul's fault for saving a shot that occurred because Coloccini is slower than molasses.

Fucking hopeless this. Show me one CB in the world who doesn't let Aguero have a shot from that one on one.

I don't think we have a better centre-back at the club than him, certainly not one who has proved it in a Newcastle shirt.

We know his strengths and his weaknesses, his closing down can be fantastic sometimes and cost us at others as it did with the first goal today.

I think probably best to give him more than one game this season before completely writing him off. Especially as we played the champions and most expensively assembled team in British football history.

f***ing hopeless this. Show me one CB in the world who doesn't let Aguero have a shot from that one on one.

Don't give him the time of day man. He has a thing against Colo because of what happened when he went back to Argentina. He only appears on this thread if he's either at fault, or partly at fault, for a goal. The rest of the time when he's playing well, Ronaldo is nowhere to be seen.

There's being slow and being unable to cope with the athletic demands of today's PL.

See the comment in the other thread about Dummett's sliding tackle on Clichy 10 minutes after he'd gone past him.

f***ing hopeless this. Show me one CB in the world who doesn't let Aguero have a shot from that one on one.

Don't give him the time of day man. He has a thing against Colo because of what happened when he went back to Argentina. He only appears on this thread if he's either at fault, or partly at fault, for a goal. The rest of the time when he's playing well, Ronaldo is nowhere to be seen.

Aye, nothing to do with his crap defending for 2 years which everyone with a hint of sense can see.

Aye, nothing to do with his crap defending for 2 years which everyone with a hint of sense can see.

Whilst your talking about sense, the bit in bold is just total and utter nonsense. I don't think he's outstanding anymore but he is the best at the club and he shouldn't be blamed for every goal we concede. He'd be better with a more youthful, powerful, quick CB alongside him. I can't continue the conversation any further as it's just the same old regurgitated stuff.

I hope MYM replaces him this season. The criticism he gets is just way over the top on this forum right now. He's not as good as he was couple of years ago but he isn't finished either. To fault him for both goals today is just fucking boneheaded. He shared a blame on the first goal with Williamson, Janmaat and Anita. People go on like he scored two own goals on purpose ffs.

From you, yeah. Colo fails to act like a captain and a defender and somehow it's my fault when people offer sensible criticism. :lol:

The thing is, its not sensible criticism, you have your opinion and you stick with in no matter what, and when you condemn a player, that's it, no matter what they do you will not budge, It's like you believe that your opinion is fact, and that your opinion is final, and then you act arrogant and condescending to anyone that disagrees with said opinion.

Colocinni seems to have played most of his time with us with at least two footballers who struggle in possession sharing the back positions. Dummet and Williamson at the moment being the two that cannot create from the back. It must be a massive burden for a player like Colocinni when you have to try and do it alone.

I thought he was excellent today.