Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Won't happen at Leeds, better stewarding and the idea that its a league club which could mean court appearances will stop them. Those twats tonight will have been to many away days but tonight because of the numbers and such they felt like they could do as they pleased.

:sadnod:

Yeah, can't really see anything happening at Elland Road due to its stature compared to Darlington.

I meant bother in and around Leeds city centre that weekend rather than actual pitch invasions. :thup:

Ah right, aye can't see that going too well. Though Leeds is a good night out like imo.

Guest icemanblue

He looked properly smashed before the game even. Outside afterwards, my mate said, 'Look at that poor cunt, man. Absolutely gutted he didn't get on the pitch.'. :lol:

Smart shirt though, mate. At least you looked good doing it!

Decent run out for the lads tonight,  played some canny football in patches,  thought Sammy looked very bright when he came on.  Pitch invasion took some gloss off the night,  what was meant to be light hearted banter quickly went out of hand,  bloke in front of me ran on with his 2 kids!!  Sadly the Darlo fans also coming on escalated things i think if they had stayed in the stands the pitch would have cleared alot quicker.

Anyone have any idea what kind of team is going to Berwick,  its meant to be a reserve side but they have played on thursday and half of them have played again tonight against Darlo.  Are we now planning to give the likes of Shola, Lovenkrands, Harper, Krul, Jonas, Xisco,Ba & Jose a run out on Saturday afternoon?

Guest neesy111

Banning alcohol in the ground will do fuck all, I do not know 1 person who go's into a stadium before the match for a drink.

Pathetic behaviour by a bunch of clowns, makes me ashamed to be a supporter at times.

He looked properly smashed before the game even. Outside afterwards, my mate said, 'Look at that poor cunt, man. Absolutely gutted he didn't get on the pitch.'. :lol:

:lol: He was an absolute clip like.

Guest TurboTrev

I'm a Toon season ticket holder, but I was in the Darlington side.  The invasion was initially a laugh after Sammy scored, although it was inexcusable, but it was the mongs that carried it on and wouldn't get off the pitch quickly that caused it to become much more serious.

Now for the controversial bit - I thought Smith had an excellent game, worked hard, never gave the ball away, was always available and linked defence to the more attacking midfielders.  Would get a 7 from me.  Vudic was shocking agree with the 4.

Simple solution to stuff like this happening again - make such a game all ticket, rather than pay on the door. Having the latter encourages all of the young radgies to travel (especially when it's not far) Bit of a pain in the arse for the good fans, but hey. Banning drink inside the ground is a ludicrous idea and that is from a near tee-totaler.

:lol: He was an absolute clip like.

Can't remember where I was hoying up, or if I got chucked out or just left. :lol:

First thing I did I when I got hyem was have 2 Pot Noodles, was a classy night.

Just seen the state of the chav-tastic fans fighting on the pitch  :facepalm:

Was is toon on toon or were some of that disgraceful lot Darlo as well? (or possibly even mackems - probably half of RTG made the journey knowing them)

I didn't watch the game, but this from .com encourages ne greatly:

Seemingly desperate to mark his return with a goal, Ben Arfa tried his luck with half a dozen efforts of varying range, power and accuracy but failed to register.

That description, if true, seems like one befitting of the attitude of a Cronaldo. Someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck, make things happen, even be a little selfish about it... I like that. :)  Reading into things a little much, I know - but what the hey.