Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Guest icemanblue

SSN only showed the scrapping after the main pitch invasion from what I saw. What started as an amusing moment quickly got out of hand. But, those who weren't there are kidding themselves if they think it was anything other than pissed up kids getting carried away. The old timers were, for the most part, trying to calm the situation. Everyone round me was thoroughly disapproving.

To have this game on a Friday night, with minuscule police and steward presence, was sheer idiocy on Darlington's part. On the plus side, it meant I could have a snout whenever I wanted. Miss those days!

He looked properly smashed before the game even. Outside afterwards, my mate said, 'Look at that poor cunt, man. Absolutely gutted he didn't get on the pitch.'. :lol:

Smart shirt though, mate. At least you looked good doing it!

:lol: He was an absolute clip like.

Can't remember where I was hoying up, or if I got chucked out or just left. :lol:

First thing I did I when I got hyem was have 2 Pot Noodles, was a classy night.

:lol: You could barely speak man.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ben arfa was dying for a goal like, always looking for the shot rather than the easy option of a pass. Lad in front of me obviously didnt rate hatem and just shouted ball greedy cunt all the time, despair

Did you kill him?

I was at the game last night but was still pissed off when I got in the house last night to review it. As the video on www.nufc.nu shows, the majority of the support was great up until and even during the second goal celebrations. The vast majority who went on the pitch (similar numbers to Plymouth away 2 years ago) were well behaved and did it for a bit of a laugh. Most filtered back into the stands within the minute and returned to their orginal seats. Whilst I was on the pitch down at Plymouth celebrating, and knew people who went on yesterday, there was a line that was crossed with this 'jokey' celebration.

However, there was at least one person we watched who went straight over to the main stand then off to the right to purely wind up their fans. For a friendly, or any type of game, this was a disgrace. The large collection of 17/18 year olds, if that, who were standing on the right hand side towards the corner flag then annoyed a lot of people by constantly walking out onto the pitch when the majority of original pitch invaders were back in the stands. These tits continued for about 5 minutes and were one of the main reasons why the game didn't restart immediately. Credit, despite causing a bit of fisty cuffs, goes to a couple of older fans who went down to the front and told them to get back on the pitch, stay in the stands and stop disgracing the club.

As this was going on, the handful of Darlington fans who had come across the pitch chasing someone who had appeared to have stolen something, then squared up with away fans despite being about 2 foot infront of two watching stewards. 30 seconds passed before the first punch was thrown but this was the same guy who got dragged away and then walked down the touchline towards the far corner. The fans in the front row were verbally abusing him but it didn't really kick off until a couple of supporters spat at him near the halfway line. He obviously reacted aggressively and this sparked 10-15 thugs to start peppering him with kicks and punches, despite the guy being restrained by 3+ police. A fucking disgrace from 'football' fans! It pretty much died down after this but the atmosphere was killed and the day blackened. These are the guys who should be named, shamed and restricted from attending games again. I don't care if they are fellow supporters and/or if they give good vocal support, there is no room for people like this. I hope the club/Police act upon these individuals because I don't want to stand alongside them at games in the future.

Credit goes to the majority of fans who remained in the stands and started booing those fans who disgraced the club last night. I havn't read any of the newspaper articles about it but I can bet they will not mention this. Credit also goes to Pardew and Carver for coming on and the bottle of the  Darlington players for coming out and continuing the game. I was very close to walking out of the stadium to purely detach myself from such antics. I was ashamed to be associated with the club and left the ground after the full time whistle feeling like we'd lost a derby game.

Having slept on it, I'm still angry and in a way I hope the FA punish the club. Although this may lead to reduced allocations for our travelling support this season, it will at least limit the amount of pissed up kids and idiots who can just turn up for a piss up. The club will always have their nutters and its an element that can not be removed completely, however, I do feel that with the help of the supporters, the numbers can be limited. The actions last night damaged the club more than the majority of actions made by Ashley and Co - some of the players looked stunned, some frightened and probably, and most importantly, any potential new signings now looking elsewhere. I hope you're proud of yourselves ....

On a more positive note, the football was very promising and the new lads (plus the injured ones from last year) played very well together. I'm looking forward to the season starting and the window shutting. Lets hope the only stories between now and then are good ones! Rant over

to be fair if you gonna go around singing 'if (insert player name here) scores, we're on the pitch' . if they actually score you've gotta follow through on your promise really

When it's sung about Shola it's usually done in good knowledge that your word isn't going to be tested.  :lol:

to be fair if you gonna go around singing 'if (insert player name here) scores, we're on the pitch' . if they actually score you've gotta follow through on your promise really

When it's sung about Shola it's usually done in good knowledge that your word isn't going to be tested.  :lol:

i was thinking that as i typed it actually! that song has been sung for so long about comedy players that aren't gonna score that it's no wonder people actually did it when it happened. i remember it being sung at a hartlepool friendly about someone? although they were just a number at the time because they were on trial, maybe bassong or ranger? 52 i think they were. either way it was a safe bet then as well.

"Danny Guthrie and Fergie both picked up knocks and unfortunately they both look serious," explained Pardew after the final whistle

"We certainly have to keep our fingers crossed on those two. I'm disappointed to lose the two boys tonight. They are two great players for us and you don't want to get injuries."

Not good news.

this pitch invasion has been the most blown out of proportion event since the last time a smaller event was blown more out of proportion.

Its less about the pitch invasion, more about the unrequired violence.

Yep.

I was laughing at that video when people ran onto the pitch. It was quickly cleared. Well humoured.

When the fighting started i felt physically sick ath the treatment to the Stewards and the Police.

Name and Shame the c***s.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I like how they all ran back to their original seats.  :lol: ARGH PITCH INVASION! But, I have enough etiquette to recognise and adhere to the original seat allocation I was assigned to.

Think this video (if i can show it) shows the events fairly. It shows how quick the original pitch invaders get off the pitch.

52 seconds

:troll:

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/mar2009/7/6/pic-getty-image-6-677693211.jpg