Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Guest ToonUltra

Just rang Darlo ticket office, I wont be getting there until at least 7.15 tonight so I questioned my chances of getting a ticket....they confirmed another 4,000 will be on sale on-the-door from 6.30. At least I know i'll get one now! So, if they sell, we may have approx 8,000 there tonight! Darlo have sold 1,200.

Places to park, people? Any advice at all welcomed?

I'll be parking in Park Place car park near the train station and pubs but it is about a 25 minute walk to stadium. Free parking after 5 or 6 i think.

Don't think youre allowed to park in the nearby residential streets because fo the matchday scheme for resident parking.

The stadium parking costs and is a nightmare to get out of after the match.

Correct and on the rare occasion Darligton host a big game (5000+) gate the traffic wardens come out in force. Remember something in the local news a few years back when a team of legends including the likes of Gazza, Beardsley etc turned up to play Darlington in a fundraising match around the time they were in administration. Over 10,000 turned up and hundreds of fans had tickets slapped on their windscreens whilst they were watching the game. Don't risk it.

Guest icemanblue

Places to park, people? Any advice at all welcomed?

I'll be parking in Park Place car park near the train station and pubs but it is about a 25 minute walk to stadium. Free parking after 5 or 6 i think.

Don't think youre allowed to park in the nearby residential streets because fo the matchday scheme for resident parking.

The stadium parking costs and is a nightmare to get out of after the match.

Correct and on the rare occasion Darligton host a big game (5000+) gate the traffic wardens come out in force. Remember something in the local news a few years back when a team of legends including the likes of Gazza, Beardsley etc turned up to play Darlington in a fundraising match around the time they were in administration. Over 10,000 turned up and hundreds of fans had tickets slapped on their windscreens whilst they were watching the game. Don't risk it.

Ok, so no streets. How full does the stadium car park get?

Guest ToonUltra

Fergie starts at left back....I hope he keeps Enrique out of the squad personally!!! Good Luck Shayne!

Fergie starts at left back....I hope he keeps Enrique out of the squad personally!!! Good Luck Shayne!

Unless he's had a wolverine-style adamantium skelton grafted on over the summer, I don't think that's likely!

Good luck to Fergie as well like.

Guest ToonUltra

Fergie been on a Steak + Ale pie and Guiness diet according to the Chronicle, he looks in great shape, and has put a bit of clobber on!

I'm canny surprised/disappointed that a Newcastle first team is being sent to Darlington, a fellow Conference club.

The reserves have been sent to Conference clubs Gateshead and Luton over the last couple of years.

I'm canny surprised/disappointed that a Newcastle first team is being sent to Darlington, a fellow Conference club.

The reserves have been sent to Conference clubs Gateshead and Luton over the last couple of years.

Suprised we never seem to send a first team to Gatehead for a pre season friendly. Remember during the 1990's when Keegan was in charge we played a friendly at Gateshead and there was an 11,500 sell out crowd there. Must have made them a fortune and that was when Gatehead would have been in the Northern Premier League I would imagine.

Might go to watch them play Carlisle tomorrow depending on the weather.

Suprised we never seem to send a first team to Gatehead for a pre season friendly. Remember during the 1990's when Keegan was in charge we played a friendly at Gateshead and there was an 11,500 sell out crowd there. Must have made them a fortune and that was when Gatehead would have been in the Northern Premier League I would imagine.

Might go to watch them play Carlisle tomorrow depending on the weather.