Our away support

Guest BooBoo

Guest Haris Vuckic

I do at competitive matches like but for a pre season friendly it's not worth the hassle tbh.

I do at competitive matches like but for a pre season friendly it's not worth the hassle tbh.

See, I'd think it would be the opposite, with it being pre-season, there's less beef.

Never had any hassle on any away trip where I've worn colours, my mate has been smacked at boro however.

Guest Haris Vuckic
See, I'd think it would be the opposite, with it being pre-season, there's less beef.

The Leeds fans will have watched that Darlo bother with utter glee. They need no encouragement, they hate us with a passion.

I was told that Cardiff would be hardcore, but the only interaction I had with home fans was one warning me to move my car to avoid getting a ticket.

I did take the NUFC car sticker off the window though, thought that would be asking for trouble.

It's obvious this was Ashley's next big money making plan. Think it's been brought forward a year though now that the Darlington fiasco occurred. They're just using it as an excuse, clearly - to think otherwise would be totally naive in my opinion. Ashley and co. don't give a fuck about us, they care about them making a quick quid. Total and utter cunts.

It's obvious this was Ashley's next big money making plan. Think it's been brought forward a year though now that the Darlington fiasco occurred. They're just using it as an excuse, clearly - to think otherwise would be totally naive in my opinion. Ashley and co. don't give a f*** about us, they care about them making a quick quid. Total and utter c***s.

I thought you were joking at first, then as it went on it started to sound like you were being serious?

It's obvious this was Ashley's next big money making plan. Think it's been brought forward a year though now that the Darlington fiasco occurred. They're just using it as an excuse, clearly - to think otherwise would be totally naive in my opinion. Ashley and co. don't give a f*** about us, they care about them making a quick quid. Total and utter c***s.

I thought you were joking at first, then as it went on it started to sound like you were being serious?

They can easily make money off non-members, and it clearly works against the (non-financial) support of the club.

They blatantly would have done this sooner or later.

It's obvious this was Ashley's next big money making plan. Think it's been brought forward a year though now that the Darlington fiasco occurred. They're just using it as an excuse, clearly - to think otherwise would be totally naive in my opinion. Ashley and co. don't give a fuck about us, they care about them making a quick quid. Total and utter cunts.

Exactly.

Exactly.

If that's the case, the Darlington thing is a masterstroke of luck/an insane coincidence :lol:

They won't make that much money out of it this year, but i bet next year they do. For those of us who have paid for the 10year deal thing i bet next year a new away membership comes out that we have to pay for. It's all a big con.

Exactly.

If that's the case, the Darlington thing is a masterstroke of luck/an insane coincidence :lol:

What I was getting at is that the Darlington events have merely brought this whole idea forward, as opposed to it being an out of the blue idea like they seem to be suggesting.

What's the big money making plan? I've obviously missed something.

Having to be a member/ST holder to buy an away ticket.

Ah right, didn't know that was happening.

It's definitely an overreaction, although I would be interested to know how many away games sell out to members anyway. Seems like most of them.

Exactly.

What I was getting at is that the Darlington events have merely brought this whole idea forward, as opposed to it being an out of the blue idea like they seem to be suggesting.

Yeah, I got that. Shame Jonny Hall didn't.

:doh:

I would have thought that even when tickets went on General Sale, the box office would have taken names and addresses as occasionally the Box Office might need to recontact people but even then, I would have thought they had a responsibility to know who they had sold the tickets to.  Obviously that is not the case when it is pay on the gate like at Darlington.

They won't make that much money out of it this year, but i bet next year they do. For those of us who have paid for the 10year deal thing i bet next year a new away membership comes out that we have to pay for. It's all a big con.

Every individual has a point where they decide that the cost of watching football simply isn't any longer value for money. Mine personaly is when the clubs we visit charge £40 plus for a ticket. If they DO bring in a costly away memberhip as you suggest, then that might be too much and the last straw for yourself. Each to their own. I agree that it seems fans are being gradually out-priced from the game, but if i REALLY wanted to get to away games,  i'd do my best to find the £25 for a membership. I can understand people not being happy with the principle, and unfortunately they're suffering for the behaviour of others. It's a bit like motorists having to pay higher car insurance because of others making false claims. Again, you could argue, why punish good/honest drivers for those that crash or make false claims.

Don't get me wrong, as long as it is affordable I'll still go, but the principal behind it is shit.

From a slightly different perspective, I'd rather have 50% members/season ticket holders and 50% general sale, than everyone going and being shit scared of doing owt. More and more clubs will start running this sort of scheme eventually, and all 'fun' will be taken from the game.

Don't get me wrong, as long as it is affordable I'll still go, but the principal behind it is s***.

From a slightly different perspective, I'd rather have 50% members/season ticket holders and 50% general sale, than everyone going and being s*** scared of doing owt. More and more clubs will start running this sort of scheme eventually, and all 'fun' will be taken from the game.

You can't have any 'fun' because you are a season ticket older/ member?

Don't get me wrong, as long as it is affordable I'll still go, but the principal behind it is s***.

From a slightly different perspective, I'd rather have 50% members/season ticket holders and 50% general sale, than everyone going and being s*** scared of doing owt. More and more clubs will start running this sort of scheme eventually, and all 'fun' will be taken from the game.

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. It's not that you can't have fun as a ST holder or member, it's just that it's something that they can and will ultimately use against you so that you behave in the manner they choose. For example, I've almost been chucked out of the ground on a few occassions as a yongster for purely singing Newcastle songs in an area where no-one else was. They'll have us all like that evenually. It's shit man.

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. It's not that you can't have fun as a ST holder or member, it's just that it's something that they can and will ultimately use against you so that you behave in the manner they choose. For example, I've almost been chucked out of the ground on a few occassions as a yongster for purely singing Newcastle songs in an area where no-one else was. They'll have us all like that evenually. It's s*** man.

I'm a member and have great craic at away matches and sing plenty.  Most away games are decent and within the rules.  If people are chucked out for what you suggest there, then that is too draconian.  I don't think this move will impact on the atmosphere at away games though.  the whole sanitisation of football crowds is a bigger debate though.

Occasionally (Reading away in promotion season) general sale tickets members, in large number massively harms the atmosphere. that isnt to mean i support the change

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer. It's not that you can't have fun as a ST holder or member, it's just that it's something that they can and will ultimately use against you so that you behave in the manner they choose. For example, I've almost been chucked out of the ground on a few occassions as a yongster for purely singing Newcastle songs in an area where no-one else was. They'll have us all like that evenually. It's s*** man.

I'm a member and have great craic at away matches and sing plenty.  Most away games are decent and within the rules.  If people are chucked out for what you suggest there, then that is too draconian.  I don't think this move will impact on the atmosphere at away games though.  the whole sanitisation of football crowds is a bigger debate though.

I agree, and I have a good laugh too on away days. I just see this as another way of controlling the fans and their behaviour, by threatening them with the larger consequence of being banned. I'll save that debate for another time though.