Our away support

Guest BooBoo

Part of me thinks we are all looking too far into this.

Perhaps this is little more than a chance for the club to make a quick buck on the back of what happened at Darlo?

You are looking too far into it - it's designed to make people more accountable for their behaviour at away games.  Using an existing mechanism to achieve this end makes perfect sense

Perhaps this is little more than a chance for the club to make a quick buck on the back of what happened at Darlo?

You are looking too far into it - it's designed to make people more accountable for their behaviour at away games.  Using an existing mechanism to achieve this end makes perfect sense

Because what happened at Darlo is a regular occurence...

Because what happened at Darlo is a regular occurence...

No - but a fair indicator that people need to be made more accountable.

Ok. We get it. Please do something else now. Anything else.

Rotten decision by the club which is nout more than another money-making idea. As a occassional goer to home games and the odd away game, I'm saddened that a trip to Blackburn in January is now going to be unlikely because I refuse to pay £20-25 for the privilage. Once again - the club treating it's lifeblood like something it scrapes off the bottom of it's shoe. :(

I can't help but feel those who wrote "it's only £20" [or words to that effect] are missing the principle of the issue.

How is it fair that supporters (many of whom can't regularly see Newcastle) are levied with a charge to guard against a contingent of mong fans who presumably live close enough to make it to a Darlo game?

If your answer is "added security" or "accountability" or a similar answer, why would a free registration process with an ID verification process (at negligible expense to the club) be a problem?

Not like we're using the Carroll money for transfers. :shifty:

Edit: I'm not close-minded on the issue either btw, but I keep ending up at the same conclusion - the decision is disrespectful to the fans which support the club

Guest Mantis

Is it true members will be given a 12 inch Sports Direct pin badge you will be required to wear to matches and when visiting the box offices?

I can't help but feel those who wrote "it's only £20" [or words to that effect] are missing the principle of the issue.

How is it fair that supporters (many of whom can't regularly see Newcastle) are levied with a charge to guard against a contingent of mong fans who presumably live close enough to make it to a Darlo game?

If your answer is "added security" or "accountability" or a similar answer, why would a free registration process with an ID verification process (at negligible expense to the club) be a problem?

Not like we're using the Carroll money for transfers. :shifty:

Edit: I'm not close-minded on the issue either btw, but I keep ending up at the same conclusion - the decision is disrespectful to the fans which support the club

They need the Carroll money incase the club is fined!

Stopping walk up sales wouldve been action enough I reckon but no money to made from that sadly. It might n't affect many but it is another avoidable obstacle/cost they've put infront of some supporters that will drive them away for good probably. Shame.

What's the process for buying home tix without membership? Surely if they're having rules thy need to be universal if they're not already.

Guest WashyGeordie

It's not going to make a difference anyway.

What's to stop them buying a £20 membership and then still going? Nothing.

It's just going to drive away some support who live in another place in the UK as they won't bother now (alienated again) or for non-UK fans for the same reasons and might not know the craic.

It was the same for Level 7 last season and now it's the same for away fans (which costs enough as it is!)... £££

Guest Haris Vuckic

When I was a kid I used to save up two weeks paper money and buy a ticket with that - fuck knows what I would have done if I had to spend the same on a ''membership'' and processing fees etc etc.

Everything's getting worse for fans.

Guest WashyGeordie

Kane and United for Newcastle featured on North East Tonight.  :lol:

Ah man, saying what? I missed it..

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Kane and United for Newcastle featured on North East Tonight.  :lol:

Ah man, saying what? I missed it..

No-one was speaking, they were just showing clips of invasion and fighting, and then the facebook page of United for Newcastle. Though they did mention UfN as some sort of super voice.  :lol:

Plenty were disgusted by the behaviour and lambasted those that claimed it was an "overreaction", wanting the club to take appropriate action.

The club have acted to try and stop the trouble. I can't see what else they could have done to try and keep control of the crowds and any trouble.

A shame for the foreign supporters but the solution is become a member, which is what I'd do if I wasn't a season ticket holder.

If you want someone to blame, blame the idiots that were fighting on Friday. It's their fault that the club have made this decision.

I don't see how this decision changes anything at all other than fleecing the supporter for a bit more money?

I think this incident was a total one-off but ignoring that for a second, how will this stop trouble in future?

As an "out-of-towner" who must make a special trip to Newcastle (or even just to UK) to see Newcastle United play, the membership fee wouldn't bother me one bit. By the time that I have factored in air travel, hotel, car etc plus decided where in the ground I wanted tickets (real good seats rather than L7) then the additional membership fees would be negligible in the big scheme of things.  An extra £20 when I'm spending a grand or more for the trip is not going to make any impact.

I see it affecting locals moreso than overseas visitors. People who don't go regularly due to costs, and want to buy tickets as a special treat for the kiddo's birthday or special occasion. The extra £20 to someone who scraped together just enough for cheap tickets to the back of L7 might be enough to stop them from going.