Our away support

Guest BooBoo

We had a pitch invasion against Forrest in the FA Cup and the entrance fee for kids was scrapped, we had to pay full price to get in.  What the club are doing isn't a first or expensive in comparison.

We had a pitch invasion against Forrest in the FA Cup and the entrance fee for kids was scrapped, we had to pay full price to get in.  What the club are doing isn't a first or expensive in comparison.

be careful you will get banned.

As an "out-of-towner" who must make a special trip to Newcastle (or even just to UK) to see Newcastle United play, the membership fee wouldn't bother me one bit. By the time that I have factored in air travel, hotel, car etc plus decided where in the ground I wanted tickets (real good seats rather than L7) then the additional membership fees would be negligible in the big scheme of things.  An extra £20 when I'm spending a grand or more for the trip is not going to make any impact.

I see it affecting locals moreso than overseas visitors. People who don't go regularly due to costs, and want to buy tickets as a special treat for the kiddo's birthday or special occasion. The extra £20 to someone who scraped together just enough for cheap tickets to the back of L7 might be enough to stop them from going.

Do you ever try and plan it when Newcaslte have to two back to back home games in the space of a week?

Guest WashyGeordie

Kane and United for Newcastle featured on North East Tonight.  :lol:

Ah man, saying what? I missed it..

No-one was speaking, they were just showing clips of invasion and fighting, and then the facebook page of United for Newcastle. Though they did mention UfN as some sort of super voice.  :lol:

Ahh. :lol:

They showed the highlights on BBC aswell, but had Steve Wraith talking about it.

As an "out-of-towner" who must make a special trip to Newcastle (or even just to UK) to see Newcastle United play, the membership fee wouldn't bother me one bit. By the time that I have factored in air travel, hotel, car etc plus decided where in the ground I wanted tickets (real good seats rather than L7) then the additional membership fees would be negligible in the big scheme of things.  An extra £20 when I'm spending a grand or more for the trip is not going to make any impact.

I see it affecting locals moreso than overseas visitors. People who don't go regularly due to costs, and want to buy tickets as a special treat for the kiddo's birthday or special occasion. The extra £20 to someone who scraped together just enough for cheap tickets to the back of L7 might be enough to stop them from going.

Following on the "foreign fans" theme...

If I travel to the UK and I happen to be in London when NUFC is in town, can I not just buy a match ticket at the park on match day?

...or have I just exposed my ignorance for all to see?  I've never been to a match in the UK.   :no:  Any guidance / pointers / brutal sarcasm would be welcome.

Following on the "foreign fans" theme...

If I travel to the UK and I happen to be in London when NUFC is in town, can I not just buy a match ticket at the park on match day?

...or have I just exposed my ignorance for all to see?  I've never been to a match in the UK.  :no:  Any guidance / pointers / brutal sarcasm would be welcome.

Nah you probably wouldn't have been able to do that anyway, but you would've been able to order tickets in advance for the match. Now you would only be able to go if you bought a membership.

Do you ever try and plan it when Newcaslte have to two back to back home games in the space of a week?

My connection to Newcastle was through Uni and then staying on for another couple of years to work in the city.  I have no family or any other reason to come to NCL so it's coming for the game only and only for the weekend. Would be nice to catch a mid-week game somewhere else to double up the experience while I'm in the UK on vacation, but I can't see ever being able to fit in two games unless I get extended business trip to the UK during the season.

I've managed to arrange my week-long trip back to the UK so that it overlaps with one of the few periods in the season where we have 2 away games in a row.

Fuck you calendar, fuck you.

This will undoubtedly put a few off who are just sick to death of these twats or like the convenience of waiting around until tickets go on general sale and perhaps buying a ticket if they want one.  So what happens then?  Does this mean that we're going to be sending back a hell of a lot more tickets?  I wouldn't underestimate the power of being able to make a spontaneous decision on a 'customers'' behalf, but then again the club don't get any revenue for away games so it means nowt to them.  Never mind if we bring a lot less fans to grounds, they're bringing in an extra few grand.  They wouldn't dream of implementing a similar scheme for home games, because it affects their bottom line and that's all these cunts are arsed about.

I went to 5 or 6 aways last year and will probably do similar next year.  Personally this doesn't really affect me because my mate at work always gets my ticket and he and his family have 3 memberships between them, meaning they can get upto 6 tickets for most games.  I'm assuming that they have memberships so that they don't have to wait to see if it gets to general sale.  They do go to a good few aways, a lot more than me.

This will undoubtedly put a few off who are just sick to death of these twats or like the convenience of waiting around until tickets go on general sale and perhaps buying a ticket.  So what happens then?  Does this mean that we're going to be sending back a hell of a lot more tickets?

I went to 5 or 6 aways last year and will probably do similar next year.  Personally this doesn't really affect me because my mate at work always gets my ticket and he and his family have 3 memberships between them, meaning they can get upto 6 tickets for most games. I'm assuming that they have memberships so that they don't have to wait to see if it gets to general sale. They do go to a good few aways, more than me.

That's the main reason I have one tbh.

This will undoubtedly put a few off who are just sick to death of these twats or like the convenience of waiting around until tickets go on general sale and perhaps buying a ticket.  So what happens then?  Does this mean that we're going to be sending back a hell of a lot more tickets?

I went to 5 or 6 aways last year and will probably do similar next year.  Personally this doesn't really affect me because my mate at work always gets my ticket and he and his family have 3 memberships between them, meaning they can get upto 6 tickets for most games. I'm assuming that they have memberships so that they don't have to wait to see if it gets to general sale. They do go to a good few aways, more than me.

In which case it currently serves as a 'queue jump' service for many.  Doesn't this development negate that benefit somewhat?

Can understand the reaction of the club to the wankers last Friday night and being put on the spot and the need to be seen to be doing somethingto stop it from happening in the future.

I can also understand why they want a bit more info about the people they're flogging tickets to but there's nothing to stop someone from getting a mate to buy a ticket, get through the turnstile and then just throw the stub away. Said dickhead proceeds to annoy people, gets nicked and doesn't say who got his ticket for him. Rinse and repeat.

Presumably the club realise this?

In which case it currently serves as a 'queue jump' service for many.  Doesn't this development negate that benefit somewhat?

Pretty much :undecided:

Can understand the reaction of the club to the wankers last Friday night and being put on the spot and the need to be seen to be doing somethingto stop it from happening in the future.

I can also understand why they want a bit more info about the people they're flogging tickets to but there's nothing to stop someone from getting a mate to buy a ticket, get through the turnstile and then just throw the stub away. Said dickhead proceeds to annoy people, gets nicked and doesn't say who got his ticket for him. Rinse and repeat.

We've got the brains of Britain on board at our club so I presume so. :lol:

I agree that we need to be seen to be doing something but am annoyed that it's another thing that fleeces money from / antagonises the support.  There's been enough of that the last 4 years and combined with the ridiculous singing section scenario it's yet another thing where real supporters take the hit.  More and more will be getting fed up with each of these measures - what's a minor issue to some is the last straw to others.

I agree that we need to be seen to be doing something but am annoyed that it's another thing that fleeces money from / antagonises the support.  There's been enough of that the last 4 years and combined with the ridiculous singing section scenario it's yet another thing where real supporters take the hit.  More and more will be getting fed up with each of these measures - what's a minor issue to some is the last straw to others.

:thup:

Saying that, if they put their hand in their pockets and plug the gaping holes in the squad then I'd imagine this would be water off a duck's back for most.  The singing section issue is worse imo because there's no logic to that and it will have a significant effect on the atmosphere in the ground.  PR-wise the people running the show are just absolutely thick as fuck, there's no feel-good factor around the club at the moment and they're not helping matters.

I agree that we need to be seen to be doing something but am annoyed that it's another thing that fleeces money from / antagonises the support.  There's been enough of that the last 4 years and combined with the ridiculous singing section scenario it's yet another thing where real supporters take the hit.  More and more will be getting fed up with each of these measures - what's a minor issue to some is the last straw to others.

Yep.

Won't be long before they bring out some wanky 'awayday passport' or some such shit to watch us away from home. There has to be a bit of a compromise and making membership free for away fans wanting tickets would have been sensible and suited board and fans alike.

Moves like this (justifiably) invite criticism and cynicism.  

The problem as I see it is that nothing about the idea serves as an effective deterrent for trouble and certainly nothing that costs £20 to implement. An incredibly transparent money making scheme dressed up as good intentions.

I agree that we need to be seen to be doing something but am annoyed that it's another thing that fleeces money from / antagonises the support.  There's been enough of that the last 4 years and combined with the ridiculous singing section scenario it's yet another thing where real supporters take the hit.  More and more will be getting fed up with each of these measures - what's a minor issue to some is the last straw to others.

Yep.

Won't be long before they bring out some wanky 'awayday passport' or some such s*** to watch us away from home. There has to be a bit of a compromise and making membership free for away fans wanting tickets would have been sensible and suited board and fans alike.

Moves like this (justifiably) invite criticism and cynicism. 

But isnt it more a case of charging the extra membership fee to prevent young wannabe thugs from showing up to games like the Darlo one because they are nearby and cheap? Not saying it's a very well thought out plan, but I can understand the logic.

The only fixture that's nearby is Sunderland, and that's neither cheap nor easy to get a ticket for.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Lads, im confused, what does being a 'member' mean when not a season ticket holder. I wanna know if i can get to away games still, im registered on the official Newcastle site where ive bought tickets to about 5 games in the last 2 seasons. Help????

Lads, im confused, what does being a 'member' mean when not a season ticket holder. I wanna know if i can get to away games still, im registered on the official Newcastle site where ive bought tickets to about 5 games in the last 2 seasons. Help????

12th man membership.  It's 25 squid and you get it from the box office