NUFC 0 - 0 Fiorentina - 6/8/11 - game abandoned on 64mins due to heavy rain

Skirge

Those who went today will get in free for the league cup tie, should it be at home.

I think the tickets should be allowed to be used for and if we get a Home Carling Cup tie

Quite despicable.

A steward told me on the way out that there'd be an announcement in 'the paper' tomorrow about whether there'd be refunds or not. I know the Premier League rule is 60+ minutes = no refund, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if people get nothing back.

Which is a stupid rule anyway. You pay for a ticket to see a full match, not at least 60 minutes of one.

Might feel unfair, but it´s a live event, and they can´t help if the weather is bad. See nothing wrong in claiming force majeure in events like today. Any kind of refund should be appreciated, but not expected.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=119008353&EditorialProduct=Sport

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/120444544.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB44FD170F1C11E6C1FF08AE70600FE4F825EB269894EDF3CD

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/120444543.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FBF8DFA712F9B1BA63FF08AE70600FE4F817E7AE4DBB62A688

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/120444425.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB66675B0A0733FE24FF08AE70600FE4F8F83210C2098F8D92

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/120444055.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB99744E7ECE46A77CFF08AE70600FE4F8CA76F022DF6E0ECB

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Just got in from the match an well I must say, aside from fat cunt making his 2 penny worth it was a pointless spectacle.

Not 1 player played any different from the pre-season USA and Leon beast was  just awful. In the past I have been neutral regarding this lad but today he was shit!

Just got in from the match an well I must say, aside from fat cunt making his 2 penny worth it was a pointless spectacle.

Not 1 player played any different from the pre-season USA and Leon beast was  just awful. In the past I have been neutral regarding this lad but today he was shit!

Pretty much everybody else has said he was very good.  :lol:

Yep, it reaffirms my belief that quite often a lot of us seem to be watching completely different games. I also think those around you/you have a drink with before a game influence your opinions.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

He was terrible, had a few if not the only good chances, 1 on 1 with the keeper and just scuffed it, even those around me thought he didn't look sharp at all.

He was waving his arms around when he lost the ball and was not looking to chase it down. Granted the weather was poor but given his need to prove his worth it war a poor showing

First half was dire but then the conditions were unplayable. Started to pick up a bit in the second with the removal of Best and the inclusion of Ba and Shola. We looked a much better side. Still ropey at the back aside from Jose, who was an absolute monster.

Cabaye, Vuckic and Krul were the highlights.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

He was terrible, had a few if not the only good chances, 1 on 1 with the keeper and just scuffed it, even those around me thought he didn't look sharp at all.

He was waving his arms around when he lost the ball and was not looking to chase it down. Granted the weather was poor but given his need to prove his worth it war a poor showing

I completely disagree like. Thought he was making some very good runs and took the ball under control well, and linked up play. Granted, his miss was pretty shocking but I thought his allround game was good.

Nah disagree there TBH, as a striker you only get a few chances and especially against top clubs like Arsenal and Man U. From where i was sat Best had a few chances and squandered them, pre-season is where you are supposed to stake your claim for a 1st team spot but he was miles off.

Thought the one Lovenkrands slid in on ... but predictably missed ... was just as good. I agree Best should have scored though ... one-on-one as their defender was lost by that point after initially looking favorite.

Enrique had some suspect positioning, passing to Jonas and decision making that could easily have cost a goal ... but made up for it with the long sprint back to save an almost certain goal.

Krul some top notch saves

Jonas (who pisses me off more than not) looked lively (as he did at the end of last season) ... it's almost as if he realizes he might not play much this season ... made quite a few runs Jose didn't spot / find (not always due to the weather)

Great rain ... not so good walking home in it though.