Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Anyone checked out his debut video vs Blackburn? His first attempt at dribbling down the wing, just :lol:

Aye, he had a couple of Sunday league moments in an otherwise decent performance.

But but, I thought we were only allowed to point out the negatives on this forum  :shifty:

Just watched it.

What the fuck have we bought!

When Michael Carrick face palms you know you're shit.

Fabrice Pancrate MkII

Just watched it.

What the f*** have we bought!

When Michael Carrick face palms you know you're s***.

Fabrice Pancrate MkII

Thought he looked alright on that.  Got an assist didn't he?

Just watched it.

What the f*** have we bought!

When Michael Carrick face palms you know you're s***.

Fabrice Pancrate MkII

Thought he looked alright on that.  Got an assist didn't he?

:lol:

Credit where credit is due he looks very good when he passes it to better players before he gets the chance to f*** up. A couple of quality 2 yard passes with Evra.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There's some good Bordeaux videos of him. I'm more than prepared to give him his chance, in fact I think he'll do well.

If you see the assist he gets in the vid against wolfsberg, he defo has something IMO...

Best thing he's done. John O'Shea nutmegged Figo though. He nutmegged one of your right backs a few years back too and crashed a shot off the bar straight after it. If it's not a regular occurrence it doesn't mean much. It's a worrying sign when it's your job to run at players and turn them and you can only do it once or twice in twenty odd games.

Basically, he's had 28 games, played brutal in 25.

If you see the assist he gets in the vid against wolfsberg, he defo has something IMO...

Best thing he's done. John O'Shea nutmegged Figo though. He nutmegged one of your right backs a few years back too and crashed a shot off the bar straight after it. If it's not a regular occurrence it doesn't mean much. It's a worrying sign when it's your job to run at players and turn them and you can only do it once or twice in twenty odd games.

I was using the wolfsberg assist as an example, there are several good vids of him...the vid for france u21's against england is descent...

Wiki says he's only played 14 times for you?

Might be shit but we need a pacy winger who wants to take people on, I don't think he's played anywhere near enough football in England yet to be written off altogether. Not the most exciting winger but may well fit and hopefully will be a noticeable upgrade on Routledge this season.

Owen scored a hattrick against that lot, though.

His third goal, he picked up the ball at the half-way line and went all the way till the finish. Wolfsburg were absolutly shit that day.

Wiki says he's only played 14 times for you?

Might be s*** but we need a pacy winger who wants to take people on, I don't think he's played anywhere near enough football in England yet to be written off altogether. Not the most exciting winger but may well fit and hopefully will be a noticeable upgrade on Routledge this season.

14 league games.

Owen scored a hattrick against that lot, though.

His third goal, he picked up the ball at the half-way line and went all the way till the finish. Wolfsburg were absolutly s*** that day.

True they were pretty bad like, but god knows i havent seen a player at newcastle do much like that for a long time...

All he really needs to do is be better than Routledge. Not much is expected of him.

Depends on whether he's the replacement for Joey.

Regardless of whether Barton goes or not I doubt Obertan would be first choice on the right.

All he really needs to do is be better than Routledge. Not much is expected of him.

Depends on whether he's the replacement for Joey.

Regardless of whether Barton goes or not I doubt Obertan would be first choice on the right.

Who would be incase of Barton's departure?

Jonas? Doubt it as he's much better on the left and is important to Enrique.

Marveaux? Doubt it as he's not fit, yet.

I'm not sure he will be but then again you all seem to think Routledge is brutal.

I watch a lot of Newcastle because of Decky, and I actually thought Routledge was a decent enough player. Thought the same with Lovenkrands though. I did make a bet with someone at a party that Lovenkrands would score more than Agbonlahor last year and the whole room simultaneously laughed at me.

Peter: 7

Agbonlahor: 5

In five less games.

------------------------

All that rambling basically means IMO, Routledge is better.

I'm not sure he will be but then again you all seem to think Routledge is brutal.

I watch a lot of Newcastle because of Decky, and I actually thought Routledge was a decent enough player. Thought the same with Lovenkrands though. I did make a bet with someone at a party that Lovenkrands would score more than Agbonlahor last year and the whole room simultaneously laughed at me.

In five less games.

------------------------

:(

Routledge wasn't getting any games and wasn't going to with Barton, Jonas and Marveaux about. So for me Obertan is here because of the Barton situation, that might not be to replace him because he is leaving but maybe because Barton isn't going to just walk straight back in.

I think we were fine with the 3 we had and the potential cover if necessary that we had. Obertan wouldn't come here if he wasn't going to play a large part.

Froggy rating Peter Lovenkrands voids any opinions he might have in fairness.

I thought he was decent like. :lol: I know he's wasteful but he's still put a good few away over the last few years.

In five less games.

------------------------

I'll punch myself in the balls if Routledge is better than Obertan in the Premiership, not a fucking chance mate.  I think you've been watching too much of Routledge in the Championship..

In five less games.

------------------------

I'll punch myself in the balls if Routledge is better than Obertan in the Premiership, not a fucking chance mate.  I think you've been watching too much of Routledge in the Championship..

Obertan mostly played against league cup teams and poor European opposition though. I may as well have been watching him in the Championship, and he was still brutal.