Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

We obviously want wingers who cut inside at the moment, and when ben arfur's playing his central playmaker role, their ability to score is going to be more important. Dunno yet if he can finish well, but he's got the speed. Our passing from deeper midfield is looking good enough to make up

Just watched the full game. Dunno how he got stick, thought he played well.

Played better than QPR in terms of getting to the byline, but his crossing was poor.  Think he attempted 5 and neither got past the first man.

I understand that he's not really justifying a starting place at the mo but if we just use him as a sub he'll probably stagnate like he did at Manu.

Guess he should start as many as poss until the Xmas at least and let's see if he shows any form once he's comfortable and familiar with the team.

I wonder if he'd be better playing off the striker in a  4-4-1-1 and given fairly free role, but then better players ahead of him there perhaps, but maybe would have preferred that than having Shola up front almost by default in a 4-4-2

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I understand that he's not really justifying a starting place at the mo but if we just use him as a sub he'll probably stagnate like he did at Manu.

Guess he should start as many as poss until the Xmas at least and let's see if he shows any form once he's comfortable and familiar with the team.

He wasn't even near the bench at Man United.

He lacked end product against Villa, but he was important because he was able to run with the ball. That took  the pressure of the defense. Previously, all that responsibility fell on Jonas' shoulders.

Marveaux will do the same - with an end product, without being erratic and indecisive as fuck.

Guest Dontooner

So unfair the amount of stick his getting, people are grudging him on his blur and unconfident looks. Watch the game , tactically we needed his pace and game play to maintain possesion. Marvx doesn't play on the right FFs

So unfair the amount of stick his getting, people are grudging him on his blur and unconfident looks. Watch the game , tactically we needed his pace and game play to maintain possesion. Marvx doesn't play on the right FFs

That really is irritating. The look he get's when he loses the ball, and just seemingly gives a f***.

And yes, Marveaux can play on the right.

Guest Dontooner

That really is irritating. The look he get's when he loses the ball, and just seemingly gives a f***.

I follow the french league..he pretty shit on the right when he starts there, he usually excels playing in the Left attacking mid field role. Its better if you switch jonas over to the right...

Unless we buy another right sided winger/mf. I would start Obertan as clearly the squad aint got replacements.

Looked decent going forward when he came on against Forest tbh and that ball over for the winner with the outside of his right foot was delightful. Almost cost us a goal a few times when Fergie was pushed higher up having picked up an injury (no subs left) and he was asked to go to left back and it seemed he just forgot he was supposed to be there. Once or twice in extra time Forest were running at our back line and we just had no left back, got away with it thankfully.

He is certainly better than Routledge, some people just don't seem to want to give him a chance though.

For me Marveaux would be wasted on the right.  His delivery into the box looks like one of his main strengths and we would lose that by playing him on the right.

Looked decent going forward when he came on against Forest tbh and that ball over for the winner with the outside of his right foot was delightful. Almost cost us a goal a few times when Fergie was pushed higher up having picked up an injury (no subs left) and he was asked to go to left back and it seemed he just forgot he was supposed to be there. Once or twice in extra time Forest were running at our back line and we just had no left back, got away with it thankfully.

He is certainly better than Routledge, some people just don't seem to want to give him a chance though.

He has been very hit and miss but when a player joins a club and some people don't rate him it takes a lot more for them to give him credit.

I can understand people still being a little hesitant on Best tbh as he needs to maintain his performances a bit longer before you can feel comfortable it's not just a purple patch but you still see some really harsh comments about the lad.

He needs to look to get in the box more for me. Fergie likes his wide men to chip in with goals so if Obertan's the type to pass it then stop running then I could understand why he let him go. It would be nice to see him get in the box a few times and have a crack at it.