Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

We and truely needs to start bucking up his ideas. Frustrating player because in fits and starts he shines. At times he looks like a lad who's got a lot to offer, but most of the time he looks hopeless.

I really want to like the lad, I think he's got the potential to do something. First half against Stoke he looked superb imo, but thats about the only time he's looked anything like the player he should.

Starting to have serious doubts about Obertan like.

We and truely needs to start bucking up his ideas. Frustrating player because in fits and starts he shines. At times he looks like a lad who's got a lot to offer, but most of the time he looks hopeless.

I really want to like the lad, I think he's got the potential to do something. First half against Stoke he looked superb imo, but thats about the only time he's looked anything like the player he should.

like i say, he has an eye for a pass, he's not the flying winger many want and we don't have the movement to fit what he's looking for.wouldn't write him off just yet but wouldn't be in my current first XI either.

like i say, he has an eye for a pass, he's not the flying winger many want and we don't have the movement to fit what he's looking for.wouldn't write him off just yet but wouldn't be in my current first XI either.

Aye I reckon thats about right mind.

something i pointed out earlier on in the season, he likes to play the ball on the deck, he's not a winger who wants to hit the by line and sling it over. he has on a few occasions (fulham i think, blackburn and maybe wigan, arsenal also i think) set up decent chances playing decent balls from the edge of the box, wide , back to the edge to be met with poor finishes. he's not helped recently by f*** all happening from elsewhere in midfield( ina similar way he gives f*** asll help to ben arfa when he has the ball). sod all movement aprt from ba.

to be fair i remember on a few occasions he did get the ball and dribbled up field having absolutely no one near him to pass to, i thought to myself , where is our movement, fair enough i gave him the benefit of the doubt,

but alot of other times when he had space to pass to another teamate that was vacant he just kept onto the ball far too long and lost it. 

right now he is what a call a luxury player,  he can dazzle and have some moments but most of the time he's just a liability,

my biggest complaint with him is his lack of conviction when it comes to tracking back,  he does try to run back and get into positions to cover, but then he shirks away from 50/50 challenges, like a little girly man,  there's no place for that in the premier league,  you need courage and agression to survive in this league.

you know what?  obertan is your typical arsene wenger type of player.  quick, fast, dazzling at time, love the one-twos, love to dribble, but cant cross to save their lives and no final ball, big pansy when it comes to physical challenges, and mentally vulnerable.

didn't see the game today but he heard he missed a massive chance to set up an unmarked ba and his defensive work often seem better at home.

Decided to take on 3 players instead. Which is strange as he never ever ever takes anyone on....Bottled at least 3 tackles and misplaced his usual quota of easy passes. He really is shit.

Aye I reckon thats about right mind.

:thup:

He's actually a million times better than I thought he could ever be.

Worst player I've ever seen.

hyperbolic. i guess the nerves of tonights match are getting through to you.

I've been saying similar for months.

The lad is a waste of space and it's a miracle that he has managed to become a professional footballer, absolute miracle.

Guest bluegeordie

Think the criticism is a little harsh mind. Certainly offers more than, say Damien Duff ever did and certainly not the worst player in the world. Must admit though, it's becoming more and more easy to slate him like.

Maybe that should have been the headline on the club website when we signed him, just so we wouldn't get our hopes up? :lol: 

Think the criticism is a little harsh mind. Certainly offers more than, say Damien Duff ever did and certainly not the worst player in the world. Must admit though, it's becoming more and more easy to slate him like.

Maybe that should have been the headline on the club website when we signed him, just so we wouldn't get our hopes up? :lol: 

"He's not Alan Smith" :)

Duff got a hard time here. He was far better than Obertan (not saying much, mind).

I literally can't even imagine Obertan getting a goal.

He is quite partial to a shot tbf to him, strikes it well usually too.