Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not exagerating here but that was one of the biggest nothing performances I've ever seen in a Toon shirt. How he is a footballer I do not know.

I'm not exagerating here but that was one of the biggest nothing performances I've ever seen in a Toon shirt. How he is a footballer I do not know.

you are exagerating. he wasn't even our worst performer today.

I'm sure Pardew made a bet with SAF that can we stay up if Pardew has to play Obertan every week as a starter. Just amazing he finished the game today, Lovenkrands (!!!) looked like Figo on the other side compared to him.

:yuno: cross the ball first time?

:yuno: use your pace?

:yuno: track back when you lose the ball?

:yuno: beat the first man?

:yuno: take your man on?

etc. etc.

:lol: that looks and sounds like the bloke behind me

freakin annoys me.

dont think he will ever develop to anything special....he should be replaced this window. He could do a job as a sub.

his end product....i mean he doesnt have any.

sometimes his passing isnt more than a meter or 2 which always gets us into trouble.

he is far to easy to push over.....it makes him look like he doesnt give a shit!

etc. etc. etc.

his end product....i mean he doesnt have any.

I disagree, he does have end product and strikes a great cross. His problem is that he doesn't get into enough situations where he can use it.  Too often he has the ball at his feet, should just run at someone, looks like he's going to and then all of a sudden, he stops, doesn't seem to know what to do, thinks too much, tries to do a really simple pass and loses it. When he has space, he hits a sweet cross

Pardew is going to do well to get anything out of him, he looks a real mystery.

I times his pace and trickery is frightning and he has produced two great crosses this year (stoke and forest). However, most of the time his first touch and decision making is horrible.

Obertan pisses me off, he has it all but lacks intelligence, bravery and consistency.

He hasn't got it all though,he's actually really really bad at dribbling due to lacking close control. This is the reason he can very rarely take anyone on and his attempts to do it involve dancing around the ball rather than actually moving it past the defender and pulling away from them.

He's not very good. Ben Arfa should start outwide. Fucking ridiculous to leave Best out with this guy in when Ben Arfa would probably do the job 10x better in his place. Even Guthrie would do a better job from deep ffs.

Obertan pisses me off, he has it all but lacks intelligence, bravery and consistency.

He hasn't got it all though,he's actually really really bad at dribbling due to lacking close control. This is the reason he can very rarely take anyone on and his attempts to do it involve dancing around the ball rather than actually moving it past the defender and pulling away from them.

He has quick feet but he can't drop his shoulder at all. He can't accelerate past people unless he's already running. The only way he'll beat a man is if he's doing a Gareth Bale type run where he's already at full speed. He can't just generate it from nothing. Everytime he tries, he just does some shit stepovers and couple of feints and then passes it backwards or loses it. Still think there's a good player in there but he needs so much work