Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

The crowd were generally supportive of him. He lost the ball and the crowd moaned but no more than they did then when Tiote, Gutierrez, Ba and Cabaye did the same. When he did good things he got a good cheer. Like others have said, he was probably told to keep the ball so on the occasion when he made a run into Spurs territory he didn't cross it as we only had one player in the area.

Perch has passed the scapegoat baton on to Obertan and Simpson.

Was a good sub and he did nothing wrong when he came on. Sickening too always read about how shit he is even if he makes it ok.

he will probably never reach the level everyone though he would. But to have him as an late sub in games isn´t a bad chose and people should let him be that player without boo and moan every time the few minutes he is playing.

Lets be honest, Perch got much much more abuse than this lad and he's turned into a bit of a cult hero. If he is scared of the fans, he's in the wrong game.

The point is it shouldn't happen in the first place. Players shouldn't have to get the SUPPORTers off their backs.

The point is it shouldn't happen in the first place. Players shouldn't have to get the SUPPORTers off their backs.

Who is to blame for the supporters being on his back?

He did one good thing yesterday when he ran back and put everything into the run which ended up with him putting the Spurs player off and us winning possession.  The next time he gets the ball he's running away from our goal, he does something good then seems to not know what to do next and he loses the ball.  Nobody was on his back, he just couldn't handle the situation and that's down to him.  He can run at a player with pace when he doesn't have the ball, once he has the ball it's as if the only thing between his lugs is a void.  One minute I was on my feet applauding him, the next minute I was just thinking what the hell is he doing.

How can anyone not jeer him when he had loads of space in front and just decided to pass backwards as if saying "I'm too scared to go forward". Tiote (or was it Anita) passed it to him again as if to ask him to go forward and he just passed it back again. That incident to me sums up Obertan, don't have the intelligence to know what to do and don't have the heart and courage to go forward if it means even taking the smallest risk. Complete opposite to HBA

I'll never be convinced that booing one of your own players is anything  but counter productive. Love it when the crowd get on an opposing players back and you can see it affecting their game, don't know why some would think it a good idea to do it to one of our own, they aren't going to suddenly think 'hang on, you're right I am playing shit, will play a lot better now' :dontknow:

I'll never be convinced that booing one of your own players is anything  but counter productive. Love it when the crowd get on an opposing players back and you can see it affecting their game, don't know why some would think it a good idea to do it to one of our own, they aren't going to suddenly think 'hang on, you're right I am playing s***, will play a lot better now' :dontknow:

Did anybody boo him?  I didn't hear it so it couldn't have been much if they did.

People were definitely on his back immediately like. His first touch was met with groans with 45000 people screaming at him telling him what to do. He's shit yes, but the way the crowd goes mental when he does something wrong is just not on imo.

Guest Stephen927

Think it's the same problem with Simmo at times. They'll both be well aware of what opinion the fans have of them and that can sometimes lead to your mind drifting off or taking the easy option by playing it safe. Bit of encouragement for both players would be canny. It looks like both will be in and around the team all season, no sense denting their confidence.

Don't act like Simpson or Obertan are special cases.

Whoever you are, Shola or Steven Taylor, Jonas or Cisse, if you fuck up a pass the crowd groan at you. He's not a special case, he's just more shit than the others.

It's more near-constant frustration than any kind of getting on his back. Of course he'd get cheered if he did something good but the way he loses the ball will only ever lead to groans and a "here we go again" attitude.

I'd be beaming with pride if he was to score at SJP in the league just like everyone else would be.

He's shite without the groans and jeers, they will only make things even worse though as he's effectively playing with no confidence. Funnily enough the same lot groaned every time Ben Arfa lost the ball last season during one of his poorer periods.

It isn't the fans fault he's shit, obviously, but it would be nice if people would stop getting so wound up when he's on the ball.

He's shite without the groans and jeers, they will only make things even worse though as he's effectively playing with no confidence. Funnily enough the same lot groaned every time Ben Arfa lost the ball last season during one of his poorer periods.

It isn't the fans fault he's shit, obviously, but it would be nice if people would stop getting so wound up when he's on the ball.

:thup:

He's s**** without the groans and jeers, they will only make things even worse though as he's effectively playing with no confidence. Funnily enough the same lot groaned every time Ben Arfa lost the ball last season during one of his poorer periods.

It isn't the fans fault he's s***, obviously, but it would be nice if people would stop getting so wound up when he's on the ball.

The biggest groan yesterday was for Ben Arfa giving the ball away, I don't like it and I didn't like the whistling before the final whistle either but Obertan isn't singled out.

Guest icemanblue

:thup:

:lol: Fuck off, man.